ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 with ilr biometric

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hass

MN1 with ilr biometric

Post by hass » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello all,

With biometric ILR, do we need to send now our biometric card with the MN1 application (sec 1(3)) for child born in UK? Do I need to send my passport too?

And what is the reference no in 1.2 (form MN!)? is it one on the approval letter. Please tell in terms of Biometric as the people with sticker on their passport got different letter than with Biometrics now.

Regards

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Very good question, I am also in the same boat.

I am due to apply ILR soon and would like to register 2 x children using MN1 under section1(3).

Since the passport does not contain ILR vignette anymore, what is the purpose of sending the parent's passport along with MN1.

Can we get away with just sending the BRP card for this purpose?

Your answers and suggesstions are very welcome.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:58 pm

I suggest you contact the HO to find out the policy but I suspect that BRP should be enough.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:15 pm

hass wrote:Hi,

Please some one guide me to the thread if this question has been asked before or if could be able to answer

I am applying on form mn1 under sec 1(3)

In Sec 1:

1.2 UKBA reference no. ??
I have just been issue a BRP, is it the unique referenc we need to put here.

1.3: Please say if and when child was given ILR:
Do I need to fill this - my child has not got any ILR on his passport - I dindnt include for ILR

In Sec 2: Do I need to fill this sec?

I have seen in the FAQ that if the child was born before 2006, we need to provide marriage certificate, is it Ok if I dont include marriage certificate as my child born after that. In any case I havent got one, but I entered in UK (5 years back) with my wife and my original approval (HSMP) is with family with my wife name on.

Regards
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:00 am

1.2 is the child's reference number. If you don't know it just leave blank.

1.3 if the child doesn't have ILR , leave blank.

Section 2 should be filled in although there is no residential requirement for 1(3) applications.

If child born after 2006, no need for marriage certificate.