ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance for Tier 1 Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

a___j
Newly Registered

Maintenance for Tier 1 Dependant

Post by a___j » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi everyone

Hoping to get clarification on a hopefully easy question. I've been in the UK for over 3 years, and currently have a Tier 1 visa valid till 2014. My wife, who is currently here on a Tier 4 visa (as she is enrolled in a Masters degree course), needs to convert to Tier 1 Dependant, which I understand cannot be done from within the UK.

I have looked at the PBS Guidance document for supporting documents, and have a question regarding the maintenance funds. Since I (main migrant) have been in the UK for > 12 months, I understand that we need to show GBP 533 as the minimum amount for over 90 days.

My question is - do these funds need to be present in my wife's bank account, or can I provide my statements from my bank account as proof? (Please note that we have separate accounts, not joint accounts)

Thank you for your help!
AJ

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Can be either.

holla007

Post by holla007 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi Mate,
i am in the same shoe, i really do not know understand that part, my wife has no money on her personal account but i have enough to cover for both of us on my own account and the account is not a joint acount, so i just wonder if it will be allowed for only me to present my account to cover for both of us for the maintenance fund.

Any advice or outcome welcome.

Holla

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 pm

holla007 wrote:Hi Mate,
i am in the same shoe, i really do not know understand that part, my wife has no money on her personal account but i have enough to cover for both of us on my own account and the account is not a joint acount, so i just wonder if it will be allowed for only me to present my account to cover for both of us for the maintenance fund.

Any advice or outcome welcome.

Holla
As stated by Lucapooka, the money can be either in your account or in your wife's account as long as you have got sufficient funds as stated by the UKBA.