ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

iLR 10 years continious residency!!!Help plz

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crb

iLR 10 years continious residency!!!Help plz

Post by crb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Hello,
I first entered uk in student visa on JULY1999,stayed for 2months, then went back home for about 18months, then returned back to uk on feb2002 (on the same visa stamp issued july1999 expiring oct 2002).
Form feb 2002 to feb 2012 i have maintained legal stay as follows,
feb 2002 to aug 2009 student visa. then aug2009 to aug2011 PSW, then aug2011 to feb 2012 student visa............. between 2002-2012 i have gone back home 4/5 times and none of them lasting more than six weeks at a time.
So do i qualify for ILR on 10 yrs continious residency????
thank you.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi
Whats is current visa status as you said that your visa was valid till Feb 2012 which was 17 days ago so if it expries 17 days ago you wont be able to apply for your ILR.

You can apply 28 days before your visa expiry date.

Yes if you have a valid visa you can certainly apply for ILR.

Good luck for your ILR.

crb

Post by crb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

My latest visa is student visa from aug2011 to feb2013. but i studied only 1st semester until FEB and didn't enroll in second semester and i applied for ilr on 10thfeb2012.

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Technically you are still on a student visa till you receive your ILR and therefore you have to abide by the terms on which you were granted the student visa. By not enrolling into a college, you are acting contrary to the terms of of the visa which can jeopardise your stay in this country. I will therefore advice you as a matter of urgency to enrol in a college acceptable by UKBA till you receive your ILR. A word to the wise is enough!!!

crb

Post by crb » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:21 pm

bobby80gh wrote:Technically you are still on a student visa till you receive your ILR and therefore you have to abide by the terms on which you were granted the student visa. By not enrolling into a college, you are acting contrary to the terms of of the visa which can jeopardise your stay in this country. I will therefore advice you as a matter of urgency to enrol in a college acceptable by UKBA till you receive your ILR. A word to the wise is enough!!!
but i have completed the requiremment for ilr havn't i?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 pm

crb wrote:
bobby80gh wrote:Technically you are still on a student visa till you receive your ILR and therefore you have to abide by the terms on which you were granted the student visa. By not enrolling into a college, you are acting contrary to the terms of of the visa which can jeopardise your stay in this country. I will therefore advice you as a matter of urgency to enrol in a college acceptable by UKBA till you receive your ILR. A word to the wise is enough!!!
but i have completed the requiremment for ilr havn't i?
Hi crb!

Just to confirm what bobby has said is true, you need to be on the safe side. I am a student myself, and I have been here since Feb 2002, like you, I have applied for ILR, and I still go to college every week, anyway keep your fingers, eyes and toes cross, good luck.... wish me luck also.
All for one, one for all..... Peace