ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In UK on visitor visa marriage broken down forced return

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

windows7student
Newly Registered

In UK on visitor visa marriage broken down forced return

Post by windows7student » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 am

Hi! Need help!

Background to my situation is as follows:

Married in India June 2011 my wife is a British Citizen
We lived together in India till November 2011
Applied and recieved a family visitor visa to visit the UK in Nov 2011
Travelled to the UK with my wife
In February 2012 whilst in the UK our marriage has broken down and she now wants a divorce and wants to send me back to India
My family visitor visa runs out first week of May 2012

Question: Is there any legal way I can remain in the UK?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:11 am

Not without any children.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

windows7student
Newly Registered

Post by windows7student » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:16 am

vinny wrote:Not without any children.
We had several fights and her brother knocked one of my teeth out. Had to go to A&E. Could I stay if I claimed domestic abuse?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:26 am

windows7student wrote:
We had several fights and her brother knocked one of my teeth out. Had to go to A&E. Could I stay if I claimed domestic abuse?
No, you can not claim domestic violence for a fight with your brother in law .

Why did you travel on a visit visa, were you under 21 at the time of your application or did you say you were intending to live in India on your return or did you claim to visiting some one else ?

You will have to go back to India
pennyless

windows7student
Newly Registered

Post by windows7student » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:20 am

pennylessinindia wrote:
windows7student wrote:
No, you can not claim domestic violence for a fight with your brother in law .

Why did you travel on a visit visa, were you under 21 at the time of your application or did you say you were intending to live in India on your return or did you claim to visiting some one else ?

You will have to go back to India
My wife and in-laws did all the paperwork I was just asked to sign. I did not realise at the time it was a family visitor application I thought I was applying for a settlement visa.

There must be a way for me to stay? Everyone else I know seems to manage to find a way. Some one please rack your brains and tell me!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:54 am

There are no grounds under the immigration rules. You were always supposed to return to India by May anyway as you are here as a visitor. Surely you read the form or at least the title of it before you applied?

On what grounds do you think you should be allowed to stay?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:20 am

You clearly have a good command of English so how could you really sign and not know what it was you were signing . You would have sat at VFS with all your documents how did you not read them . I am sorry but am I just believing your story . you have still not said who you on the application form you said you were visiting. .
pennyless