ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gubi2004

Post by Gubi2004 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Samelamin wrote:sent the Border agency this email as i was reaching the end of my tether with waiting

Hi

I understand you are just doing your job, but could you please read this email thread and tell me if you are being at all helpful?

Its very frustrating that we have to wait 6 months with no details about the status of our application and as you can imagine it can be quite frustrating. I don't understand why you don't have a system that just sends out automatic email notification when a change is made. Wouldnt it reduce your overhead and make your work lives much easier and reduce the amount of work you do day to day?

How is it possible to inform me that my application has been assigned to a case worker but not when? It just encourages people to keep asking for updates as you are allowed to inform them if their application has been assigned to a case worker.

I hope you are at least able to forward this email to the decision makes because I along with the multitudes of people on the forums feel like we are being ignored and upset at the lack of communication that we receive.

Could you please be so kind and answer me if my application has been dealt with by the case worker or not?

Regards
o salamin you get worse than me lol i understand your feelings and i share and agree with you about what the ukba doing and the way they treat us, hope we get it soon and wish you the best
Eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa&eea1 recived 12/12/2011 rd card?????????????

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Gubi2004 wrote:
Samelamin wrote:sent the Border agency this email as i was reaching the end of my tether with waiting

Hi

I understand you are just doing your job, but could you please read this email thread and tell me if you are being at all helpful?

Its very frustrating that we have to wait 6 months with no details about the status of our application and as you can imagine it can be quite frustrating. I don't understand why you don't have a system that just sends out automatic email notification when a change is made. Wouldnt it reduce your overhead and make your work lives much easier and reduce the amount of work you do day to day?

How is it possible to inform me that my application has been assigned to a case worker but not when? It just encourages people to keep asking for updates as you are allowed to inform them if their application has been assigned to a case worker.

I hope you are at least able to forward this email to the decision makes because I along with the multitudes of people on the forums feel like we are being ignored and upset at the lack of communication that we receive.

Could you please be so kind and answer me if my application has been dealt with by the case worker or not?

Regards
o salamin you get worse than me lol i understand your feelings and i share and agree with you about what the ukba doing and the way they treat us, hope we get it soon and wish you the best
Same to you

I hope Joy replies to us with what she/he found soon
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

zahirsona

hi mite

Post by zahirsona » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Samelamin wrote:This was their reply

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your understanding, yes, I am doing my job. However, the information I have provided, is beyond the remit of my job. Applicant are advised not to request progress reports, as this has an impact on the resources currently available. Therefore, while I understand your frustrations, I am not at liberty to provide any further service than I have thus far.

What you may consider, is that you are not the only one who is guided by what is found on ‘forums’. And everyone who accesses such sights are demanding the same level of attention, (if not more) as you would like.

I am sorry, but I do my utmost to provide useful information. I can do no more.

Kind regards
hi mite nice email
Zkhan

zahirsona

Re: hi mite

Post by zahirsona » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:51 pm

zahirsona wrote:
Samelamin wrote:This was their reply

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your understanding, yes, I am doing my job. However, the information I have provided, is beyond the remit of my job. Applicant are advised not to request progress reports, as this has an impact on the resources currently available. Therefore, while I understand your frustrations, I am not at liberty to provide any further service than I have thus far.

What you may consider, is that you are not the only one who is guided by what is found on ‘forums’. And everyone who accesses such sights are demanding the same level of attention, (if not more) as you would like.

I am sorry, but I do my utmost to provide useful information. I can do no more.

Kind regards
hi mite nice email
EEA2 application send 20/01/2012
Home office received 23/01/2012
COA Received 25/02/2012 (Right to Work in UK)
RC..........................??????????
Zkhan

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 am

Guys you need to stop emailing the UKBA office requesting your pertinent application statuses.
They are correct, their jobs are to process your thousands and thousands of applications, period. They can't stop what they are doing to answer your questions just because you are being impatient.
As a person who deals daily with urgent matters I know!

The process is simple:
You apply and wait 30 days for the COA, if not received within those 30 days you should request status but NOT after 30 have past.
After that and according to your COA letter the wait time is of 6 months, sometimes sooner as we have noticed here, but nevertheless it is 6 MONTHS.
If you don't receive the RC in those 6 months then you send and email requesting status of your application, Furthermore, if you should need your passport to be returned before the 6 months, then you send an email requesting it. Very simple.
That is all it takes to gain legal status in the UK, when you balance it out it's not hard at all. As oppose to doing all of this in the USA which will take 2 years at least and many thousands of dollars.
Just be patient and don't go telling them they are not doing their jobs, these people are like you and me, they do this for a living. That could be you someday and you could be that person telling you that you are not doing your job. Please people, they are giving you the right to live and work freely, the least that you can do is have courtesy and patience.
Just something for you to think about.
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:44 pm

LAROCCAMOM wrote:Guys you need to stop emailing the UKBA office requesting your pertinent application statuses.
They are correct, their jobs are to process your thousands and thousands of applications, period. They can't stop what they are doing to answer your questions just because you are being impatient.

The process is simple:
You apply and wait 30 days for the COA, if not received within those 30 days you should request status but NOT after 30 have past.
After that and according to your COA letter the wait time is of 6 months, sometimes sooner as we have noticed here, but nevertheless it is 6 MONTHS.
If you don't receive the RC in those 6 months then you send and email requesting status of your application, Furthermore, if you should need your passport to be returned before the 6 months, then you send an email requesting it. Very simple.
That is all it takes to gain legal status in the UK, when you balance it out it's not hard at all. As oppose to doing all of this in the USA which will take 2 years at least and many thousands of dollars.
Just be patient and don't go telling them they are not doing their jobs, these people are like you and me, they do this for a living. That could be you someday and you could be that person telling you that you are not doing your job. Please people, they are giving you the right to live and work freely, the least that you can do is have courtesy and patience.
Mate if you read my email I was just trying to give them some feedback to improve their overall system which must be atleast a decade old!!

Its so easy to implement a system that sends out automatic emails notifying people of their status it just confuses me why they still have not implemented this as it reduces the drain on their resources
COA received - 18 Jan

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:15 pm

I agree with Laroccamom- to all those mites out there trawling on all the various sights...pleez show sum respect. If you dunno hev the respect, pleez let us awl know which country yu all cum from where there is beta system in place....OK?

gr8 and peace be with u's all.
Samelamin wrote:
LAROCCAMOM wrote:Guys you need to stop emailing the UKBA office requesting your pertinent application statuses.

The process is simple:
Mate if you read my email I was just trying to give them some feedback to improve their overall system which must be atleast a decade old!!

Its so easy to implement a system that sends out automatic emails notifying people of their status it just confuses me why they still have not implemented this as it reduces the drain on their resources

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:18 pm

greatscott wrote:I agree with Laroccamom- to all those mites out there trawling on all the various sights...pleez show sum respect. If you dunno hev the respect, pleez let us awl know which country yu all cum from where there is beta system in place....OK?

Samelamin wrote:

The process is simple:

Its not just a country that has to have this system in place. Any sort of delivery company now has this system in place regardless of their size

The system I proposed would have users log in and check the status of their application, if any of you have applied for a schengen visa recently via VFS they would have seen this system already in place and working quite well

My point is that I wanted to provide some feedback to them to help the lack of communication that all applicants feel. I dont see that as a lack of respect at all!!
COA received - 18 Jan

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:47 pm

this is you not too long ago:

These guys are absolutely useless, its like they are being paid to be unhelpful!!

Is that the kind of respect you dish out?

On top of that you submit on 19th dec and despite it being over Xmas, you receive your COA on the 10th of Jan! Pretty good service from "absolutely useless people" ...."mate".

Samelamin wrote:
greatscott wrote:I agree with Laroccamom- to all those mites out there trawling on all the various sights...pleez show sum respect. If you dunno hev the respect, pleez let us awl know which country yu all cum from where there is beta system in place....OK?

Samelamin wrote:

The process is simple:

Its not just a country that has to have this system in place. Any sort of delivery company now has this system in place regardless of their size

The system I proposed would have users log in and check the status of their application, if any of you have applied for a schengen visa recently via VFS they would have seen this system already in place and working quite well

My point is that I wanted to provide some feedback to them to help the lack of communication that all applicants feel. I dont see that as a lack of respect at all!!

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes I know I was not talking about the service but the lack of communication

To be fair I spoke out of frustration not lack of respect
COA received - 18 Jan

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Samelamin wrote:Yes I know I was not talking about the service but the lack of communication

To be fair I spoke out of frustration not lack of respect
rubbish...it is what it is...
and on top of it, you're inciting other people...like a troll.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 pm

how am I inciting people, if anything I am keeping everyone informed about my case with regular updates

I dont mean to stir anyone up with hate towards the home office

6 months of no communication is very exasperating for the most patient of people!

Anyways If I have lead anyone to believe that the home office are not doing their job properly then I apologise and take it back

Hopefully we can move on from this
COA received - 18 Jan

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

I got a feeling that even with automated updates, people will still contact the HO asking for updates ("I didn't receive an update for over 2 weeks but my friend did get 2 updates. Why?" etc.).

A couple of years back it took the HO 9 months on average to deal with EEA applications. 40% of application breached the 6 months requirement so the HO has improved dramatically since then. I'm not saying there is no more room for improvement but if I were in charge of making improvemts in the HO, free applications under EEA regulations would probably not be my top priority.

3-4 months wait for a free 5 years permit is not a bad deal (tier-1 extension is £1,500 for 2/3 years).

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:14 pm

While i agree that the improvements have been impressive

Having applicaants log in for their status will provide some much needed visibility and it can only do good
COA received - 18 Jan

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Samelamin wrote:While i agree that the improvements have been impressive

Having applicaants log in for their status will provide some much needed visibility and it can only do good
hi mate , unhappy to see few guys attacking you on this forum, i can understand what u mean to say and i totally agree with it . I feel process update has to be there for such procedures which require more time. Humans are by nature itself impatient and want to know many things in advance and everyone knew EEA2 applications will take around 6 months but still guys here are optimistic due to their age , one have to notice all who applied are mostly young people who are waiting for their carrier to begin.
This forum is for convenience not for debates, as we are not getting any updates from HO so someone like us came up with this idea of forum, where indirectly they can get updates themselves. Apart from this the one who is guiding now was a total different person 17 days ago, u can't compare two persons, among one is starving with hunger and another with full belly. One more thing someone was saying to disclose identity with country, i will ask yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?
Hope soon or later we will achieve what for we are waiting .......best of luck to allllllllll including me.

athik
Newly Registered

Post by athik » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

athik wrote:
LAROCCAMOM wrote:I sent an email requesting my husband's EEA2 application status yesterday since due to his mother's health he might need to request it back on Monday.
I've received an email from the UKBA at 18:40 today saying they have informed the relevant team leader.
Hi your application is 15days ahead then mine, my application details is as follows

12-dec-2011 EEA2 + EEA3 applications sent to HO
13-DEC-2011 Applications received by HO
9-jan-2012 COA received
18-jan-2012 MY wife EEA3 (PR) received
RC...??????? still waiting ,

through this forum i came to know that applications send in DEC is getting processed, in such case ur application has to be in dispatch department, as u said, u requested for Passport return. let us know what reply u got , ur case will give a huge idea for many applicants here in this forum .... hope u will get positive and happy response from HO.
Aim :- Not to hurt someone but to motivate all who is going through hard time.

ren1010
Newly Registered

eea 1 and eea2

Post by ren1010 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi i am new to the forum.. could i please know if i can submit a joint application for eea1 and eea2?? if yes which address do i send it to..

thanx

LAROCCAMOM

Post by LAROCCAMOM » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 pm

athik wrote:
athik wrote:
LAROCCAMOM wrote:I sent an email requesting my husband's EEA2 application status yesterday since due to his mother's health he might need to request it back on Monday.
I've received an email from the UKBA at 18:40 today saying they have informed the relevant team leader.
Hi your application is 15days ahead then mine, my application details is as follows

12-dec-2011 EEA2 + EEA3 applications sent to HO
13-DEC-2011 Applications received by HO
9-jan-2012 COA received
18-jan-2012 MY wife EEA3 (PR) received
RC...??????? still waiting ,

through this forum i came to know that applications send in DEC is getting processed, in such case ur application has to be in dispatch department, as u said, u requested for Passport return. let us know what reply u got , ur case will give a huge idea for many applicants here in this forum .... hope u will get positive and happy response from HO.
Aim :- Not to hurt someone but to motivate all who is going through hard time.
Athik:

I had to send an email due to my husband's mother health (and passing) which is stated on the COA letter. Not emailing them requesting updates on applications just because people can not wait the 6 months already specified on the COA letter.
The process is simple 6 months of waiting time, no matter how many months pass by, by the 6th month you should receive the RC, if not then you contact them. Furthermore, you can contact them to request the passport back when you need it urgently which is what we did without being disrespectful.

To everyone here: Be patient...If they have your application they will work on it eventually. If not finished by the 6th month, then contact them or if you need your passport for emergencies that can't be ignored.
Lead by example!
Laroccamom
Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

EEA1 &EEA2 mailed: 28/11/2011
Received by HO: 29/11/2011
Residence Certificate Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse COA Received: 19/12/2011
Spouse RC Received: 1/3/2012

athik
Newly Registered

Re: eea 1 and eea2

Post by athik » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:57 pm

ren1010 wrote:Hi i am new to the forum.. could i please know if i can submit a joint application for eea1 and eea2?? if yes which address do i send it to..

thanx
yes u can . both on same address....LIVERPOOL

joy2006

Post by joy2006 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Got my package today from Post Office Depot and it was my PR;

My timeline has been;

- EEA4 Application sent: - 03 Jan 2012
- HO received it: - 04 Jan 2012
- COA received: - 20 Jan 2012 but dated 18 Jan 2012
- PR receieved 17 March 2012
- PR Issued 7 March 2012

Am happy and I can now go on my holiday in April as had planned.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.....

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 pm

@ ren1010 Yes you can, and the Address is UK Border Agency
European Applications
EEA2
PO Box 306
Dept 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm

congrats mate, and nice hoildays

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 am

The process is simple:
Yes have courtesy and patience. No one needs to be rude.

The fact is that COA must be issued immediately and that by definition is not 30 days.

Six months should only be where there are serious doubts as to the veracity of the applicant, etc, etc.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:33 am

joy2006 wrote:Hi everyone,

Got my package today from Post Office Depot and it was my PR;

My timeline has been;

- EEA4 Application sent: - 03 Jan 2012
- HO received it: - 04 Jan 2012
- COA received: - 20 Jan 2012 but dated 18 Jan 2012
- PR receieved 17 March 2012
- PR Issued 7 March 2012

Am happy and I can now go on my holiday in April as had planned.

Good luck to you all who are still waiting.....
Congrats Joy, you are soo lucky seeing as you applied in Jan lol

so I am both happy and jealous of you :P

but congrats and enjoy your holiday
COA received - 18 Jan

Gubi2004

to salamin

Post by Gubi2004 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 am

hi salamin, i do agree with you about all you said in your post about home office and i can see too many people blaming you on what you said, so anybody dont like the post just please dont comment we have the right to say about our feelings and yeeeeeeeeeeeeees home office is raciest to delay and take long time 6 mopnth is very long and the way the respons by phone very rude and as if we are not same human and or we are low class, so dont worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry salamin and say what you feel, no wonder home office do such things as far as we see from comment that people defending them on what they do rubbishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Eea1&eea2 2/11/2011 coa&eea1 recived 12/12/2011 rd card?????????????