ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 (G) Ext : Fee payment by Debit or Credit Card...?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NeerajS
Newly Registered

T1 (G) Ext : Fee payment by Debit or Credit Card...?

Post by NeerajS » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi All,

I am sorry if my query seems to be very trivial but still I think its better to ask for help rather than remaining in confused state.

I am planning to apply for T1 (G) extension coming week and would like to know about the preferred way of making payment.

I am bit confused if I should use debit card or credit card...which one is preferable..? does using credit card have some downside...? as I have heard about problem faced by some member earlier whilst making payment using credit card...:?
I would appreciate if I can get some expert advice in this regard..?

Regards,
NeerajS

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:06 pm

bank draft
Manka

raomvj

Re: T1 (G) Ext : Fee payment by Debit or Credit Card...?

Post by raomvj » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:34 pm

[quote="NeerajS"]Hi All,

I am sorry if my query seems to be very trivial but still I think its better to ask for help rather than remaining in confused state.

I am planning to apply for T1 (G) extension coming week and would like to know about the preferred way of making payment.

I am bit confused if I should use debit card or credit card...which one is preferable..? does using credit card have some downside...? as I have heard about problem faced by some member earlier whilst making payment using credit card...:?

Regards,
NeerajS[/quote]

Hi Neeraj,
Anything is fine. Since the amount is huge if you are using credit card check with your bank that whether they accept that much amount. If you have enough money in your bank I would suggest to use debit card.

JR

aka189

Post by aka189 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:43 pm

NeerajS wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
NeerajS
I paid £1950 from my Natwest credit card at Sheffield PEO and transaction went without trouble. I didn't inform my bank and also there was a note that Natwest debit credit card payment over £1000 requires authentication but my transaction went fine

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 am

NeerajS wrote:Hi All,

Regards,
NeerajS
I have used my credit card for £2600 and it was fine. no issues with it. Just to be on safer side call your bank and tell them you are going to make a payment to UKBA and then it should be fine.