ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

apply for PR early!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reda
Member of Standing

apply for PR early!!!

Post by reda » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:56 pm

86ti wrote:If we went by Article 20(2) of the Directive the application would have to be made before the residence card expires. But UK's EEA regulations do not make any mention of such a dead line because there is no requirement to have such a card in the first place. The UKBA does not seem to have a policy for the right time to apply.

Given that the application will need time to process (apparently about three to four months at the moment) and PR is "inevitable" at some point in time (I believe the Irish allow application six months early), arguable, it could make sense to send in the application early. Also, pre-checks carried out by the UKBA will be only cursory and relevant dates in a PR application not immediatly evident. Nevertheless, it may be that the application is denied if delt with too early and the caseworker not sensible enough to just let it sit there for a while longer.
I'm qualified for PR on march 2012 but I try my chance, I'm going to apply on January, supposing I pass the pre-check and my application will be with the caseworker after march bearing in mind that last date on all my documents showing proof of exercise treaty right is january(2months before qualfied periode finished)
in this case does the case worker ask about fresh document cover the last 2 months or denie the PR?
do you think I can send the rest of document (employee letter cover that 2 months) before they ask about it.

bobobo

Re: apply for PR early!!!

Post by bobobo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:54 am

It will make things messy, whya re you in a rush to get PR, please note that HO will check for proof for 5 yrs, you will fall short by 2 months and HO can sednt he application back to you, which is no show stopper but why go through the extra effort when you can easily send the documentation 2weeks before your 5yrs are up.
Is there a specific reason you are rushing, am I missing something here?
HO have improved their processing times down to 2-3 months, my advise is wait and send it 2 weeks before your 5yrs are up.
reda wrote:
86ti wrote:If we went by Article 20(2) of the Directive the application would have to be made before the residence card expires. But UK's EEA regulations do not make any mention of such a dead line because there is no requirement to have such a card in the first place. The UKBA does not seem to have a policy for the right time to apply.

Given that the application will need time to process (apparently about three to four months at the moment) and PR is "inevitable" at some point in time (I believe the Irish allow application six months early), arguable, it could make sense to send in the application early. Also, pre-checks carried out by the UKBA will be only cursory and relevant dates in a PR application not immediatly evident. Nevertheless, it may be that the application is denied if delt with too early and the caseworker not sensible enough to just let it sit there for a while longer.
I'm qualified for PR on march 2012 but I try my chance, I'm going to apply on January, supposing I pass the pre-check and my application will be with the caseworker after march bearing in mind that last date on all my documents showing proof of exercise treaty right is january(2months before qualfied periode finished)
in this case does the case worker ask about fresh document cover the last 2 months or denie the PR?
do you think I can send the rest of document (employee letter cover that 2 months) before they ask about it.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 am

let him/her learn by his/her experience....

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 pm

please note that HO will check for proof for 5 yrs, you will fall short by 2 months and HO can sednt he application back to you
what i was thinking,if the Ho send my application back after the pre-check it will be no harm as I got time to send it back to them before i complete the 5 years (let's say 2 weeks before that as you said),but if I past the first check and the HO log me in the system,I'M quite sure my turn arrive after I compete the 5 years(I didn't hear about any one has PR status before 2 months from the day of sending application),the problem is what the caseworker do in that case?

-send application back because is short by 2 months(employee letter,date of signature by applicant).
OR
-ask about the document covering the 2 months short(as my knowledge it could be the employee letter be till 3 months old)
send the documentation 2weeks before your 5yrs

in this case i will be short 2 weeks,why do you think 2weeks it oky but not 8 weeks( supposed that the progress of the application take 12 weeks)
Is there a specific reason you are rushing,

yes, I recently retained my right of residence (ROR) by the help of my ex wife,so when time come for apply for Citizenship,i won't need my ex documents again who knows if she going to help me that time,the other side in case may the law change 2-3 months before 1year after the PR sticker date, so I think even one day count for me.

[/quote]

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:22 pm

reda wrote: yes, I recently retained my right of residence (ROR) by the help of my ex wife,so when time come for apply for Citizenship,i won't need my ex documents again who knows if she going to help me that time,the other side in case may the law change 2-3 months before 1year after the PR sticker date, so I think even one day count for me.
Retaining the right of residence means your rights in the UK do not depend anymore on your being EU's or anyone's spouse for that matter. Since you received your ROR you are your own EU family member. :-) You will not have to send your ex's papers again when applying for Naturalization. Relax.

A little bit out of topic, but one question keeps bugging me for some time. A person who retained his/her right of residence is NOT a EU citizen (getting ROR does not make him a EU citizen) and not a EU family member anymore (decree absolute has been issued). How do all the rules work for such person? Example. University/colleges fees for UK citizens and EU (and family members of thereof) are like 2-3 times lower than those for other citizens. How much does the ROR pay? Or another one. He (let it be "he") gets married to a non-EU citizen. How does she come to the UK? Not on the UK route since he is not a UK citizen and does not have ILR or PR. On the EU rules? He is not a EU citizen.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Nimitta wrote:
reda wrote: yes, I recently retained my right of residence (ROR) by the help of my ex wife,so when time come for apply for Citizenship,i won't need my ex documents again who knows if she going to help me that time,the other side in case may the law change 2-3 months before 1year after the PR sticker date, so I think even one day count for me.
Retaining the right of residence means your rights in the UK do not depend anymore on your being EU's or anyone's spouse for that matter. Since you received your ROR you are your own EU family member. :-) You will not have to send your ex's papers again when applying for Naturalization. Relax.

A little bit out of topic, but one question keeps bugging me for some time. A person who retained his/her right of residence is NOT a EU citizen (getting ROR does not make him a EU citizen) and not a EU family member anymore (decree absolute has been issued). How do all the rules work for such person? Example. University/colleges fees for UK citizens and EU (and family members of thereof) are like 2-3 times lower than those for other citizens. How much does the ROR pay? Or another one. He (let it be "he") gets married to a non-EU citizen. How does she come to the UK? Not on the UK route since he is not a UK citizen and does not have ILR or PR. On the EU rules? He is not a EU citizen.
very witty questions which I can't answer. Help gurus

raoulll

Post by raoulll » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:42 pm

reda wrote:
please note that HO will check for proof for 5 yrs, you will fall short by 2 months and HO can sednt he application back to you
what i was thinking,if the Ho send my application back after the pre-check it will be no harm as I got time to send it back to them before i complete the 5 years (let's say 2 weeks before that as you said),but if I past the first check and the HO log me in the system,I'M quite sure my turn arrive after I compete the 5 years(I didn't hear about any one has PR status before 2 months from the day of sending application),the problem is what the caseworker do in that case?

-send application back because is short by 2 months(employee letter,date of signature by applicant).
OR
-ask about the document covering the 2 months short(as my knowledge it could be the employee letter be till 3 months old)
send the documentation 2weeks before your 5yrs

in this case i will be short 2 weeks,why do you think 2weeks it oky but not 8 weeks( supposed that the progress of the application take 12 weeks)
Is there a specific reason you are rushing,

yes, I recently retained my right of residence (ROR) by the help of my ex wife,so when time come for apply for Citizenship,i won't need my ex documents again who knows if she going to help me that time,the other side in case may the law change 2-3 months before 1year after the PR sticker date, so I think even one day count for me.
[/quote]

hi there,
friend of mine did apply for permanent residence using eea3 form (eea citizen) one year ago with 3 months before he complete his 5 years and the application was successful, have no idea if it's same for no eea citizen,i hop it's help,bonne annee and good luck :lol:

reda
Member of Standing

Re: apply for PR early!!!

Post by reda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:54 pm

I did apply for my PR one month early last month,I received my COA after completing the 5 years required for permanent residence,so I'm thinking it will be wiser to send rest of proof(one month short of 5 years requirement)to HO before they ask about it,what do you think guys?
the second thing the HO give me case ID number which could has something to do with the progress of the application?!!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Reda, U did a good trick 1 month early and u received ur COA, I presume if they need any more evidence then they will ask u for it,,,if u just send them that would be an extra time to some1 review them,,, but that's just my opinion :)

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:11 pm

would be an extra time to some1 review them,,, but that's just my opinion
that what i scare that extra time will fall on me if i don't send the last month proof before they ask.