ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ankara Antlasmasi (Ankara Agreement) for Turkish Citizens

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

Ankara Antlasmasi (Ankara Agreement) for Turkish Citizens

Post by gulgon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:15 pm

As you might have heard, Ankara Agreement (Ankara Antlasmasi in Turkish) has become the most popular way of staying in the UK for most Turkish students, aupairs or visitors. As long as you have a meaningful business idea, you can get the residence permit. Now the Home Office is approving many Ankara Agreement applications submitted via OISC approved consultants.

Note: It is better if you contact the consultant before visa expiry date, so your chance to get the approval will be much higher.

Expert1
Newly Registered

Post by Expert1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Well... I did applied by myself and received my visa in 12 days! So not necessery to pay £800 for filling the form only!

And I have spoken to the mentioned guy. He told me that I should close all my accounts( as i was earning more while i was on student visa and i might have a problem with explaning why i have that amount of money) and open a new one. I had 2 months visa remaining and was here for the past 8 years. How illogical to suggest that, despite of me being here for 8 years but only have 2 months bank statement. Would the case worker belive in that? I dont think so. So my advice to you mate, stop advertising on here and dont mssguide people. If you understand abit of English you can fill the form yourself and save yourself a £800 after all its only a form. Unless you really rich and want to waste your money!

Expert1
Newly Registered

Post by Expert1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 pm

And one more thing. He is not even a solicitor or anything like that(tho he wont tell you this unless! you ask him of course! ). He is just an adviser. Who knows how to fill a form :)

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 pm

has anyone applied and received ILR under the ankara agreement (Turkish ECAA)

surf4lifeuk
Newly Registered

Post by surf4lifeuk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:28 am

taylondon wrote:has anyone applied and received ILR under the ankara agreement (Turkish ECAA)
I know at least 4 people where I live who have received their ILR under Ankara Agreement. I am hoping to get mine in 2013.

soveliss
Newly Registered

Ankara Agreement

Post by soveliss » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi,

Do you know if it is legal to work for another company completely unrelated to the business visa was given for under Ankara Agreement?

Thanks.

timarli

Re: Ankara Agreement

Post by timarli » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm

soveliss wrote:Hi,

Do you know if it is legal to work for another company completely unrelated to the business visa was given for under Ankara Agreement?

Thanks.

As far as I know, you can not work for an employer if you are on an AA BUSINESS visa.

If you have an AA Business Visa on running a bookstore, it's unlikely that you are allowed to run a fish&chips shop...

If you are on an AA Worker visa, you can work for any employer provided that you're doing the type of job that you got your first AA visa between the 3rd and 4th years. After the 4th year you can WORK FOR anyone. But still can't set up a company. Anc can not apply for ILR.

serr

Re: Ankara Agreement

Post by serr » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 pm

As far as I know, you can not work for an employer if you are on an AA BUSINESS visa.

If you have an AA Business Visa on running a bookstore, it's unlikely that you are allowed to run a fish&chips shop...

If you are on an AA Worker visa, you can work for any employer provided that you're doing the type of job that you got your first AA visa between the 3rd and 4th years. After the 4th year you can WORK FOR anyone. But still can't set up a company. Anc can not apply for ILR.[/quote]

Hi

I am on the 1st indent of the aa worker visa and just about to go on the second indent, also about to change jobs. Does anyone know what the rules are around 'the same type of job'. How do the HO establish this? Does your current job title go on the visa-meaning that you have to be on the exact job title on the 2nd indent or is there a wider approach to the jobs you are able to do?

Has anyone got the 2nd indent, and what does it say on their visa??

clearing this up much appreciated.

thanks

bateristt
Newly Registered

Post by bateristt » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:04 am

Hi,

Yes, in Ankara Aggrement you can not work as a permanent position, you can only start-up your own business and work. You must prepare a realistic business plan to achieve the visa for 1 year.

But if you have a dependant (like your wife/husband, child, partner, etc) they can work permanent or contracted.

Regards.