ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 general early extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sali123

Tier1 general early extension

Post by sali123 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi,My tier1 visa expires on Nov 2012 and during April 2011 to August 2011 I was on a contract job where I earned a good amount of pay.The present job pay me half of the contract pay .Hence I'm thinking of going for early extension showing earnings from april 2011 to March 2012 and to go for PEO appointment before april 6th 2012 to avoid 500 pounds fee increase.

As I go for early extension I will be losing 6 months of validity but positive side is I can show more previous earnings and also can avoid excess of 500 pounds for tier1 fees when I apply before 6th april.

As I entered UK 1 year after my initial tier1 visa granted I'll have to go for 2nd extension before going for ILR

Could you please let me know if this is a good idea for going early extension.

Thanks
Sali

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:55 pm

If you dont think that you will be able to secure enough points for your earnings nearer the time your current leave expires, then its a good idea to go for an early extension as you will have to apply for another extension anyways.

nolada

Post by nolada » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm

i think so, applay to extend your visa because you already came to uk 1 year after your visa issued so applay to extend and then do your best in the one after to complete 5 years
good luck

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 general early extension

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 pm

You may save £500 fee rise but you will fall short of 5 year ILR Criteria (unless you have some secret weapon up your sleeve). This could actually prove an expensive option after all. But if you think you will fall short of the income criteria nearer the time of your current visa expiry date, I suppose you have no other alternatives.

Good Luck x
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Early Tier 1 Extension

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,
I came to UK in Oct 2004, after finishing my studies I then got IGS & PSW and subsequently got Tier1 General till Sept 2013. My question is I am currently aiming to apply for early Tier1 General Extension i.e during Oct 2012 (one year earlier than visa extension due date in sept 2013). it is because I am currently satisfying earning requirement for Tier1 general extension and due to current economic uncertainties I am not sure whether I would be able to gain enough earning points during next year when my visa extension actually due. Early extension will also enable me to get my visa up to Oct 2014 and will make me entitle for 10 year long residency ILR rule.
Please advise would it be wise to take this step.
Many Thanks
Arsal

a87m
- thin ice -

Re: Early Tier 1 Extension

Post by a87m » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Hi,
I came to UK in Oct 2004, after finishing my studies I then got IGS & PSW and subsequently got Tier1 General till Sept 2013. My question is I am currently aiming to apply for early Tier1 General Extension i.e during Oct 2012 (one year earlier than visa extension due date in sept 2013). it is because I am currently satisfying earning requirement for Tier1 general extension and due to current economic uncertainties I am not sure whether I would be able to gain enough earning points during next year when my visa extension actually due. Early extension will also enable me to get my visa up to Oct 2014 and will make me entitle for 10 year long residency ILR rule.
Please advise would it be wise to take this step.
Many Thanks
Arsal
HI Arsal ,

I will advise you to stretch is as muh as you can and when you are near to the point where you know that your earning will come short in points then apply . as we never know when the rules are gona change , they might increase the 10 year ILR rule and then you come short in your tier 1 general 5 years as well .

sali123

Post by sali123 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:43 pm

As I will have to go for 2nd extension anyhow,is that not a good idea to go for early extension?

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

sali123 wrote:As I will have to go for 2nd extension anyhow,is that not a good idea to go for early extension?
atleast you will save £500 for this extension if you do before 4th Apr , and you need 2nd extension any way so dont think its a bad idea. i been reading other posts and people applied year before thier visa expiry date and ukba had no objection.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: Early Tier 1 Extension

Post by Arsal385 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks alot,
This is what I am thinking and you are also right the way they are changing rules rapidly you dont know whats gonna happen in the next few days. but I think 10 yr long residency is the EU law rather than UK law so they cant amend it easily. what do you reckon?
Many thanks
Arsal

HI Arsal ,

I will advise you to stretch is as muh as you can and when you are near to the point where you know that your earning will come short in points then apply . as we never know when the rules are gona change , they might increase the 10 year ILR rule and then you come short in your tier 1 general 5 years as well .[/quote]