ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aridley21
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Supporting Documents

Post by aridley21 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi, I recently married my wife in the US and we're currently preparing everything for our spouse visa application for her to come to the UK. I've listed below our current check list and I would appreciate any advice if you think something should be added/changed.

Applicant
• Letter of introduction
• Passport and two colour passport-sized photos
• Evidence of biometric enrolment
• Pay slips (3 months)
• Bank statements (3 months)
• Resume
• Letters of recommendation from employer
• Proposed flight itinerary for travel to UK

Sponsor
• Support letter
• Passport bio page (certified copy)
• Birth certificates (long-form & short form)
• Employment contract
• Pay slips (6 months)
• Bank statements (6 months)
• Building society pass book & recent statement (ISA savings account)
• P60
• CV & degree certificates

Third Party (Sponsor’s Parents)
• Support letter confirming rent free accommodation
• Mortgage statement
• Utility bill
• Estate agency document detailing house rooms and sizes (dated 14th March 1998)

Applicant/Sponsor Relationship
• Certificate of marriage
• Selection of photos from wedding and other visits

I also have a couple of questions regarding a couple of the documents we need to submit...
1. Does the applicant need to provide an additional form of identity as well as their passport? Would a social security card or drivers license suffice?
2. The document I have detailing house/rooms sizes is from 1998 when the house was put up for sale for a short time, is this document going to be too dated to submit with the application or should it be ok?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
Andy

noclue
Newly Registered

Post by noclue » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey,

First of all good luck to you applying, its a hard long process...

anything you have or anything you can think of just add it in, dont ever think that your supplying too much paperwork. as that is what they need, i know some people who have been refused due to lack of photos. but as long as you have a job waiting, a house and you dont need to rely on public funds and that you provide enough evidence that your married you should be fine.

Provide id cards, marriage and birth certificates, copy of passport of sponser, evidence of income, and employment, bank statements, previous passports, all bills and evidence you live together etc, any visas for applicant and sponser, photos of wedding and your time out in the US.

Basicially everything, this is what i got off my list for the visa requirements. good luck!

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: Spouse Visa Supporting Documents

Post by pazpatel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 am

aridley21 wrote:Hi, I recently married my wife in the US and we're currently preparing everything for our spouse visa application for her to come to the UK. I've listed below our current check list and I would appreciate any advice if you think something should be added/changed.

Applicant
• Letter of introduction
• Passport and two colour passport-sized photos
• Evidence of biometric enrolment
• Pay slips (3 months)
• Bank statements (3 months)
• Resume
• Letters of recommendation from employer
• Proposed flight itinerary for travel to UK

Sponsor
• Support letter
• Passport bio page (certified copy)
• Birth certificates (long-form & short form)
• Employment contract
• Pay slips (6 months)
• Bank statements (6 months)
• Building society pass book & recent statement (ISA savings account)
• P60
• CV & degree certificates

Third Party (Sponsor’s Parents)
• Support letter confirming rent free accommodation
• Mortgage statement
• Utility bill
• Estate agency document detailing house rooms and sizes (dated 14th March 1998)

Applicant/Sponsor Relationship
• Certificate of marriage
• Selection of photos from wedding and other visits

I also have a couple of questions regarding a couple of the documents we need to submit...
1. Does the applicant need to provide an additional form of identity as well as their passport? Would a social security card or drivers license suffice?
2. The document I have detailing house/rooms sizes is from 1998 when the house was put up for sale for a short time, is this document going to be too dated to submit with the application or should it be ok?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
Andy
Telephone records / Communicatiosn details - So Telephone bills, skype logs, Raspberry messenger print outs, emails etc etc.

Also not 100% sure but I was advised to take photo copies of all the pages in my passport not just bio page, and get certified, this will also show your visa stamps to USA etc. Also along with that any tickets you have booked to the USA, boarding passes if you still have them.

And like the other chap said anything else you can think off, the more you give the better, I have also just applied for VISA for my wife in India and everyone kept telling me just put what is required but went against it and put as much as possible, the guy at the VFS office in India who took all the documents said the more you give the better.

Good luck to the both of you, as you are in the USA i am guessing will be pretty straight forward.
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank