ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1:: Early Extension and any impact of previous refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolfella

T1:: Early Extension and any impact of previous refusal

Post by coolfella » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Dear friends,

I am planning to apply for an early extension of my Tier 1 Visa which is currently valid until June 2012.

My first application for Tier 1 visa was made during March, 2009 (before the introduction of Masters as a per-requisite). I was on PSW at that time and it was valid until Dec 2009.

My application was however refused due to Home Office's mistake (apparently, the case worker did not know how to add and subtract amounts present in the bank statement!). I can provide you with more info if you are interested but did not want to prolong this post. :)

As you can imagine, I was not given an appeal right due to PSW visa being valid until Dec 2009 and was asked to submit a new application.

With the assistance of a solicitor, we decided to go down the route of judicial review and as a part of this process he negotiated with the home office through letters and pointed out that it was a mistake at their end. UKBA then asked me to send my passport through. No fresh application was made and UKBA eventually awarded me the Tier 1 Visa off the back of the initial application. Received my passport in June 2009.

Now as a part of my application for Tier 1 extension, I will fill out the application considering the rules applied to me before April 2009.

Some questions if you could kindly assist me with are as follows:

1. Would you recommend me writing a covering letter touching base on previous challenges with UKBA whilst submitting my application for the extension?

2. Fellow forum members conversation indicate that early application should not be a problem. I am applying 4 months before the expiry date. Should this be a problem?

3. Should I attach UKBA's standard visa confirmation letter that was sent to me when I received my passport in 2009? At first instance it was refusal letter but several months later it was success letter along with visa.

Technically, I should just be applying as usual for the extension but given the recent history with my application I wonder if there is a need for me to be cautious and extra vigilant when I believe my earnings along with other supporting materials is sufficient for Tier 1 Visa extension as it was the case with my first application which was eventually successful!

Please advise.

Many thanks,
Imz

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:54 am

1. NO - You do not need to. Do not complicate your case by submitting needless documents.

2 - YES/No - It is at your discretion to apply early for whatever reason. There will not be any problem as long as u meet the required criteria. However, there may be a problem on the basis that you might shortfall 5 yr period on your T1 when it comes to ILR

3 - NO - Refer to Response 1
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

coolfella

Post by coolfella » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 pm

raxs1983 wrote:1. NO - You do not need to. Do not complicate your case by submitting needless documents.

2 - YES/No - It is at your discretion to apply early for whatever reason. There will not be any problem as long as u meet the required criteria. However, there may be a problem on the basis that you might shortfall 5 yr period on your T1 when it comes to ILR

3 - NO - Refer to Response 1
Thank you so much for clarifying. I see your points and I by all means on your side. Why complicate matters further? Understably, they have all the records.

With regard to point no 2, I will hit 10 years landmark in 2012 hence hopefully this will be my last extension.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Just bear in mind the criteria for ILR on 10 yr long term basis. And god forbid, but that may change by the time you get there. I am in similar situation as you and wanted to go for early extension and decided to go against it and instead got extension a week tomorrow.

Thanks,
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...