ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in uk,pls am new,i need help pls

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DAMMYDAMMY

life in uk,pls am new,i need help pls

Post by DAMMYDAMMY » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:39 am

hi everyone,frds and gurus,pls i need ur help all,i dont know much on immigration and life in uk,i am a non eea,recently married to an eea from A8 zone,she was on hb,ctc,cb before we met,now she has given birth to a baby boy wchich is my baby,i have recently send my eea2 application to liverpool and i have got my coa stating i can work till the complition of my application,pls my question are
1.when claimming child benefit,will she continue to claim as a single mother as she has been claimming before?pls note dat am subject to immigration control untill my rc is issue and considering my future for ilr.
2.can she also informed council that she is now married?pls also note that they ll stop paying her rent and pls give me adequate advice as am jst looking for work now and i cannot cope if they stop paying as she is now married.
3.will she notify ctc also that she is now married?and claim as a couple or maintain current staus as a single mother as she has been claimming before?
4.can i use her address for all my letters,pay slip,bank statements etc if she dont inform ctc,hb,ch,hmrc that she is now married without any problem whatsoever because i was told that i shld not use her home address for all my letters and bills,i dont know why,pls i need advice as i have stop all our joint bills on her house as i need to clarify things.pls i ll appreciate all help as regards my point above.thanks so much.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:59 am

1. Child benefit is claimed by individuals and whether the person is married or not is not relevent.

Presuming you are living together.
2. She must tell the council about any change of circumstances. They will need to reassess your eligibility as a household. they may temporarily stop paying it but if will pay it again if your houseohold income means you qualify. Note she must declare that you do not have recourse to public funds.
3. No you must claim as a couple.
4. she will be committing benefit fraud by not telling them about her change in circumstance.

DAMMYDAMMY

Post by DAMMYDAMMY » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:04 pm

thanks guy,i ll do exactly as u hv said,i appreciate u