ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching into Tier 2, SOC Code?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

terriblescream
Pakistan

Switching into Tier 2, SOC Code?

Post by terriblescream » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi,

I'm currently on PSW valid thru April 2013 but would like to switch to Tier 2(general) and having been working for my employer more than 6 months.

My title is Customer Support Engineer and currently being paid at 22k although my employer will increase my salary to the relevant SOC code but I'm finding difficulty in SOC code, what should it be.

My job is in the area of Machine to Machine company providing data connectivity and role is to provide technical support to customers via phone/email and also managing network routers, switches, backend databases.

Thanks

Agastya80

Re: Switching into Tier 2, SOC Code?

Post by Agastya80 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:49 pm

terriblescream wrote:Hi,

I'm currently on PSW valid thru April 2013 but would like to switch to Tier 2(general) and having been working for my employer more than 6 months.

My title is Customer Support Engineer and currently being paid at 22k although my employer will increase my salary to the relevant SOC code but I'm finding difficulty in SOC code, what should it be.

My job is in the area of Machine to Machine company providing data connectivity and role is to provide technical support to customers via phone/email and also managing network routers, switches, backend databases.

Thanks
Please search for SOC codes here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/
Thanks!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 am

I'm not searching for SOC codes if you read the post, I'm finding difficult to match SOC code...I could have got the PDF by google.com

Hope that helps.. but hasn't helped me..

auz
Newly Registered

Post by auz » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm

terriblescream wrote:I'm not searching for SOC codes if you read the post, I'm finding difficult to match SOC code...I could have got the PDF by google.com

Hope that helps.. but hasn't helped me..
  • hi can u please answer my one question once ur salary gets increased to soc do u need to maintain it for six months to apply or are you ready to go if u have spent over all six months with employer and can u apply as soon as ur salary gets increased to sc