ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO experience - visa extended!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zayedshah

Croydon PEO experience - visa extended!

Post by zayedshah » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks to many people here in this forum who helped me clarify many of my queries. I looked into going through a legal rep or a solicitor but I ended up applying on my own. I somehow realised that I seem to be knowing more than them, in some cases.

I had an appointment for 8am today. I woke up at 445 am (I havent done this for quite a while I realise) and reached there leisurely around 730am. There was already a small queue. They opened the entrance almost exactly at 730am and a security staff even came out around 5 minutes before to advise on forming different queues for visas and asylum seekers. Quite efficient and excellent service, I thought.

There was a security check - normal like in airports - I think I was only surprised when they asked me to take out my jacket (I had already taken out my overcoat). They gave me a ticket and then did the payment. My ticket number was 11 so quite in the beginning, I have to say.

Funny thing - the first number they called was 4. It was called for a couple of times. All this time, the guy with the number 4 was in front of the counter being called! A nearby lady had to point out to him that it might be his number thats being called. Only then he realised and jumped to the counter with a sheepish grin. He looked geeky, with the trademark glasses and pullovers. He would be my brother in arms haha

I was called to register my application in their system within like 10 mins. Then almost immediately my biometric was done. The first 6-7 people were called to a counter and asked to submit all their documents. This was what surprised me - I had assumed that I will be called to a counter and have a chance to speak to the case worker in person. But it was not the case.

Anyways, all this was finished by 830am, an hour since I came in. I thought - fantastic. I had taken a half day off, so was beginning to think I might be having free time before I get back to work.

I went for a spammer and cheese pasty from the floor upstairs. An hour or so passed easily. I saw that many people were called to the customer service counter and were given visa approval letters. But I was conscious that my number will come when my nearby numbers are called. May be all their visas were not tier1 visa and were more straightforward and easy.

At around 1130 am, almost all the people who came in with me at 730am had got their approval letters and left. This was beginning to give me tension. My nerves were beginning to get jittery. I calmed myself by reading a booklet I had carried - a spiritual one. I was beginning to suspect there might be some issue with my application.

I went and enquired. She said my number hasnt been called yet. Just after 12 0'clock, another guy who I found out was waiting since 8am went to the customer service counter and made a polite enquiry. I read the lips and inferred he must have been asked to wait for a while. He left - I thought may be for a snack, he must have imagined a slightly longer wait from then.

I decided this was a moment for me to go for a second enquiry. After a bit of head scratching and looking at her computer screen, she said my application has been allocated and is under consideration. And she asked me to wait.

I went for one more spammer.

Around 1245pm, she called my number and gave me back my documents. I looked surreptitiously, down at the letter. I was so happy inside to see the word - 'approved' in the letter :-)

Below were the documents I submitted:

1. Payslips, stamped and signed by accountant on normal A4 printout
2. Dividend vouchers - I took printouts on yellow coloured papers. I signed them. I also made my company rubber stamps. So I stamped them myself too.
3. Personal Bank Statements - original from Barclays
4. Business Bank Statements - original
5. Accountant Letter, mentioning net dividends and gross salary
6. Company Incorporation certificate
7. VAT Registration certificate

I had carried along invoices (I had taken printouts in pink coloured paper and stamped with my company stamp myself) and Management account (profit/loss account) from my accountant, just in case they asked, I thought. But I didnt submit them.

I had highlighted the relevant amounts with an asterisk (*) in the payslips, dividend vouchers, personal bank statements, business bank statements.

I had also provided a main cover letter and another cover letter for previous earnings (there I summarised all the net salary and net dividends coming in and going out with the dates).

Thanks again to all the guys here.

Hope you find this useful. And good luck.

daisy80

hi

Post by daisy80 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:27 pm

hi,

Please could you send me the accotnat letter templatre

regards
navin

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Croydon PEO experience - visa extended!

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:48 pm

What was the time you had your appointment for?

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

congratulation dear

i have quary regarding dividend points. i want to know that points are awarded or gross dividend or net dividend?

thanks

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:36 pm

sshah20 wrote:congratulation dear

i have quary regarding dividend points. i want to know that points are awarded or gross dividend or net dividend?

thanks
Gross Dividend in other words known as Dividend Income.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

zayedshah

Re: hi

Post by zayedshah » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

daisy80 wrote:hi,

Please could you send me the accotnat letter templatre

regards
navin
The acccountants normally have a template I think. Because my accountant didnt ask me for one. But they just wrote a normal letter on their company letterhead saying they were my accountant and my income from this period to this period is this much. They broke it down with net salary, gross salary, net dividend and gross dividend. When I submitted the letter, I highlighted with an asterisk mark - the net dividend and the gross salary for the period claimed.

Search for 'Accountant letter template' and you will get few sample letters.

zayedshah

Re: Croydon PEO experience - visa extended!

Post by zayedshah » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:34 pm

pgaitonde wrote:What was the time you had your appointment for?
It was for 8am, 14th March 2012, wednesday.

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:41 pm

nnj10 wrote:
sshah20 wrote:congratulation dear

thanks
Gross Dividend in other words known as Dividend Income.
I am pretty sure its Net Dividend. But get another opinion for your peace of mind. For me, my dividends were in bulk of 5000 each (so 5 dividend vouchers), ie, Net Dividend. With Tax Credit of 555.56, it comes to gross dividend of 5555.56. In total I claimed for 25000 Net Dividend.

jinfenggoh
Newly Registered

Post by jinfenggoh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Zeyedshah,

Would it be possible to let us know when you receive your BRP cards? This would help me a lot. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jin

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm

jinfenggoh wrote:Hi Zeyedshah,

Would it be possible to let us know when you receive your BRP cards? This would help me a lot. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jin
It would generally take 2-5 business days. Mine took 2
Give me more Karma (+)

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 pm

jinfenggoh wrote:Hi Zeyedshah,

Best regards,
Jin
I received the letter from the courier service on wednesday 21 Mar 2012 at my home. I collected the BRP from their collection point in chancery lane on friday 23 Mar 2012.