ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 if Long Residency refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Palmist

Applying for Tier 1 if Long Residency refused

Post by Palmist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Folks,

In September I will be eligible to apply for both 10 years long residency and for extension of my current Tier 1 General.

My current stay expires in November. I have a dilemma.

Supposing I apply for long residency in August and they refuse my application after 6 months, my current stay would have expired by then...will I still be able to apply under Tier 1 general ?

I would have opted for premium service but it seems there is no such option for long residency category.

Any suggestions ?

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi

I would suggest you that you should go for the extension of your Tier1 first and then try to apply for Long residency. that would be safest way in my eyes dont rush for any thing.

Good luck.

Palmist

Post by Palmist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:24 pm

thanks, I was thinking along the same lines. At least with Tier 1, I can go for the premium service and get decision same day.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi Palmist

I would like to recommend you that just get your Tier1 extended and then I will advice you to go for your ILR on the basis of long residency just after a month or so once your Tier1 will extended. Sorry I didn't completed my last post.

Good luck for the future.