ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby born in india

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhaws
Newly Registered

baby born in india

Post by bhaws » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi vinny
My husband have ILR and is currently in london. Myself also have ILR stamped but was conditional and depended on the test 'of life in UK' for settlement, which I cleared. I haven't yet got it changed in the passport as I should be submitting the passport there for some days. Once I go back to london I will get this status changed permanently.

Now I have been blessed with another son in india in Dec 2011. I want to join my husband, for which my younger son needs appropriate visa. i am concerened that getting ILR stamp takes approx 12 weeks as per UK BORDER website. I cannot wait that long as my elder son's admission is pending because they need his passport which can only be presented when we go there. So which other visa can I apply for so that we get visa stamp for my younger son as early as possible.

rgds
bhaws

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:42 am

Your younger child will need to apply for visa in and wait .
For your older child if it is due to start school then it will need to travel to the UK with either you or your husband . If it is only registration that is happening why not explain to school that you are waiting for visa
pennyless

bhaws
Newly Registered

baby born in india

Post by bhaws » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 am

Hi
thanks for responding....
but i wish to be there early, can my younger one travel with us on visitor/tourist visa and then once i m there we can apply for his ILR there...
rgds
b

pennylessinindia

Re: baby born in india

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:06 am

bhaws wrote:Hi
but i wish to be there early, can my younger one travel with us on visitor/tourist visa and then once i m there we can apply for his ILR there...
rgds
b
I doubt you will be issued a visit visa as you will not be able to show you have intention to leave .
pennyless

TP2012
Newly Registered

Post by TP2012 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:00 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
rgds
b
I doubt you will be issued a visit visa as you will not be able to show you have intention to leave .
If I book a return ticket for me and my child in India to show my intention of return, would a family visitor visa be granted? (parents on ILR)

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 pm

TP2012 wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:
rgds
b
If I book a return ticket for me and my child in India to show my intention of return, would a family visitor visa be granted? (parents on ILR)
If you are not intending to settle then a visit visa is ok but I think you are trying to avoid paying the cost of the visa . In the time since you first started posting you could have got the visa !!
pennyless

TP2012
Newly Registered

Post by TP2012 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
TP2012 wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:
rgds
b
If you are not intending to settle then a visit visa is ok but I think you are trying to avoid paying the cost of the visa . In the time since you first started posting you could have got the visa !!

Lol :D Not bothered about the money. Missing my husband from whom Ive been away since 6months..
ILR process would take 3 months. And I cannot wait to go back.

I will be visiting India again in 6 months so I thought the child visitor visa would be more feasable.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 am

given the baby was born in December you have had lots of time to apply for the correct visa . Not sure that " not enough time " is a reason to apply for the wrong visa !
pennyless

priyaj
Newly Registered

bringing new born to UK

Post by priyaj » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi

I am a newbie.My husband and I have ILR. I have come to India for delivery and my husband is in uk. Baby is due in this October (2012).

Please could you advise which type of visa to apply?

child visitor visa or settlement visa

Many thanks.