ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: FLR(M) - Maintenance Requirements.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AO
Newly Registered

URGENT: FLR(M) - Maintenance Requirements.

Post by AO » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 am

Hi There:

I had my visa recently converted to ILR. My wife is still on the PBS Tier 1 visa so needs to move to FLR(M) for a few months before she can apply for ILR. We're both inside the UK right now but plan to travel abroad for a month or so.

I wanted to find out about the Maintenance Requirement for FLR(M) applied from inside the country. While Maintenance funds for PBS was quite straight forward (£x in the bank account) the maintenance for FLR(M) is a lot fuzzy and leaves a lot of discretion to the case worker. What does 20 months of maintainability mean? How do the case workers generally assess employability of the main applicant and the spouse?

Can anyone with experience elaborate a bit?

Also, what difference would it make if we went out of the country and applied from outside the UK? Does that affect her continued status in anyway? I know she can't come back into the country on the PBS Dependent visa so we need to do it before she travels back but would going out, in any way, affect her residency requirements (start the clock all over again)?

Much appreciated.

-A.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.