ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC- POST YOUR EXPERIENCE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farah

EC- POST YOUR EXPERIENCE

Post by farah » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:52 pm

I applied for EC at Islamabad on 9th October 2006 and submitted a copy of HSMP application and all the supporting documents previously sent to Home Office along with the following additional documents:
1.HSMP approval letter
2.bank statement of last 6 months showing balance equal to 6000 pounds
3.printout of an email from an uncle regarding accomodation
4.printout of a webpage indicating that more than 3000 tax jobs stands currently advertised
5.latest tax return filed
There was no covering letter. Rather, sec10 of visa form was filled in indicating the aforesaid documents. I have been given EC on 23rd of October for 1 year without any inteview and I travelled to UK on 3rd November.
Readers can post their views, concerns and experiences on this page.

Farah

root

Post by root » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:09 pm

why 1 year ? why not 2 years

farah

Post by farah » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:18 am

Initial duration can be upto two years and visa officer uses his discretion in every case.
It may be blessing in disguise as for extension I would be required to show lesser earnings in Uk as compared to a person who got visa of two years.

Farah