ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DE FACTO ADOPTION : NEW APPLICATION : HELP WANTED

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

easypeasy
Newly Registered

DE FACTO ADOPTION : NEW APPLICATION : HELP WANTED

Post by easypeasy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:07 am

The subjects (two) of my application for ILR have been staying with me for almost 7 years. About 5 years ago, with the consent of the Parents, I took over full responsibility for them. I am totally responsible for all their needs: food, shelter, schooling, emotionally, mentally, financially. I have the written consent of the Parents registered as a deed in the court of the registrar who is authorised by the country's law to register such deeds.

I have ILR from 1990 and for business purposes I shuttle between the two countries, keeping a home in India too, where the subjects stay. Both are under 18.

The rules state they should have stayed with me for more than 18 months (they have actually stayed for much more than that) and that they should have stayed with me for 12 months before the application. That will be happening soon. Of course, there are other immigration rules which I am aware of and I think I could meet.

Any advice about the steps I should take ?

How shall I got about making the application ?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all those who respond.