ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER applicants POST here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:31 pm

What does everyone think....
During this suspend, are they going to stop reviewing current applications in the queue? Or are they just going to focus on the ones already being worked on and have been charged already?

-uk4james

The changes will be made by announcing the deletion of the existing HSMP rules on 7 November 2006, effective from 8 November 2006. As part of this announcement, to prepare applicants and ensure an effective operational transition, we will effect a short suspension of the scheme until 4 December 2006. The revised scheme will be operational from 5 December 2006.

Suspending the HSMP for 27 days will enable us to manage the transition most effectively with the available resources and ensure that current levels of customer service are maintained when the new arrangements are introduced.
[/quote]

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:39 pm

uk4James wrote:What does everyone think....
During this suspend, are they going to stop reviewing current applications in the queue? Or are they just going to focus on the ones already being worked on and have been charged already?

-uk4james

The changes will be made by announcing the deletion of the existing HSMP rules on 7 November 2006, effective from 8 November 2006. As part of this announcement, to prepare applicants and ensure an effective operational transition, we will effect a short suspension of the scheme until 4 December 2006. The revised scheme will be operational from 5 December 2006.

Suspending the HSMP for 27 days will enable us to manage the transition most effectively with the available resources and ensure that current levels of customer service are maintained when the new arrangements are introduced.
[/quote]

Hi James,
I dont think there will be any problem for applications which reached before on or 7th including review applications

inso

Post by inso » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:43 pm

uk4James wrote:During this suspend, are they going to stop reviewing current applications in the queue? Or are they just going to focus on the ones already being worked on and have been charged already?
As I understand it: Those that have been charged (and therefore have entered the queue) by 5pm this afternoon will be processed using the old rules. Everything arriving from then onwards on the old form will be sent back, and they ask no-one to submit new forms just yet. So there's only the gap between receiving them at the office and charging, and that shouldn't be too many people affected.

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:47 pm

yes. am also a bit surprised. my consultant in uk also sent me the same message that activities are suspended till 8th december. am also worried. i understand, it could be only suspension of activities...there wouldn;t be any changes in the rules. i guess.
lets pray...
i was getting all the things ready and suddenly came this shock...

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:52 pm

this is what i read from workingintheUK.site...

" There will be changes to the attributes for which points are awarded. We are deleting the work experience, significant achievements, skilled partner and GP Priority Provision categories. The new attributes will be **academic qualifications,** previous earnings, age and **bonus points for previous work/study in the UK.
The provision which allows holders of MBA degrees from designated institutions will continue. In addition, there will be a new MANDATORY English language requirement (IELTS level 6 or equivalent) for all applicants..

now what does IELTS or equivalent means?

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Post by hsmper6thOct » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:53 pm

other language test such as TOEFL or an undergraduate degree taught in English. Masters and PhDs are not counted.
freebirds wrote:this is what i read from workingintheUK.site...

" There will be changes to the attributes for which points are awarded. We are deleting the work experience, significant achievements, skilled partner and GP Priority Provision categories. The new attributes will be **academic qualifications,** previous earnings, age and **bonus points for previous work/study in the UK.
The provision which allows holders of MBA degrees from designated institutions will continue. In addition, there will be a new MANDATORY English language requirement (IELTS level 6 or equivalent) for all applicants..

now what does IELTS or equivalent means?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:00 pm

alright then...so I did my masters, B.COM in english MBA in english medium..infact my whole education was in english..

i also read in the site that work experience has been deleted. so how can i gain 65 points. one is for MBA, other is for past earnings...50 i gained here. how to score for the rest of the points...????

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:02 pm

Wait, so does that mean they are stopping work on our applications currently to learn the new process? Or are they going to continue processing for us? With that said, do you think it will help speed things up or slow them down for us?
-uk4james

am also worried. i understand, it could be only suspension of activities...there wouldn;t be any changes in the rules. i guess.

root

Post by root » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:02 pm

read new HSMP guidance, points assignment is also changed.
whole pattern is changed

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:04 pm

those who have applied till date i.e today evening 5pm , will be considered as per old schemes.
thos who apply from tomorrow, will be returned back. new applicants shold post from dec 5th.
now the processing would be fast for those who have already applied as no new applications are considered

hsmper6thOct
Newly Registered

Post by hsmper6thOct » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:10 pm

I reckon it will be faster, as they don't need to deal with new in-take from tomorrow on.
uk4James wrote:Wait, so does that mean they are stopping work on our applications currently to learn the new process? Or are they going to continue processing for us? With that said, do you think it will help speed things up or slow them down for us?
-uk4james

am also worried. i understand, it could be only suspension of activities...there wouldn;t be any changes in the rules. i guess.

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:16 pm

I hope it does go faster! Thanks for your thoughts everyone.
uk4james

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Anybody who applied after Oct 10th got assigned to case worker? Please kindly update..

sssm

....nope

Post by sssm » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:51 am

I applied on 6th, cheque got realized on 10/11th.. it reached the HSMP office on 18th and still news is that case worker not assigned.

jd
Member of Standing

Decision has been made

Post by jd » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:21 am

Hi all oct applicants,

I sent an eamil yesterday inquiring status of my case and got reply that a decision has been made based on your application.

My application reached HO on 16/10/2006.
Decision made: 07/11/2006.

Now fingers crossed. don't know what the decision is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx,
JD

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:25 pm

jd,
Do you know when you got a case worker assigned to your case? Did they notify you of this? If you don't mind, also was this your first case or not?
-Uk4james

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:34 pm

This was my first application.

I last asked HO about status on 27/10 and answer was that my case was waiting to be allocated to case worker.

On 7th I came to know that my case has been decided and documents dispatched on 02/11 and thats it.

I called HO today but they were not willing to tell me the decision due to security reasons and asked me to wait for documents and letter.

Now just fingers crossed. Don't know what the decision is???

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:45 pm

****Latest update*****

Application sent: 11 OCT-2006
HO Received: 12-OCT-2006
Ref No: 15-OCt 2006 Recd by email

called on 08 Nov 2006
Still w8ing to be allocated to case worker. They said that it will be done in the upto 14 weeks.
donno wat is going on
wonder if the new rules affect me.
anybody in same situation

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:07 pm

Jd,
Best of luck! Thanks for the information.
uk4james

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:10 pm

dolphin_m70,
I am in the same situation. got cc charged on Oct 16th. Still waiting for allocation of case worker... Last time I checked was Mon Nov 6th. I am hoping that this new process doesn't talk to us on timing. I have to be in the UK by Dec 27th at the latest... due to prior engagements. Yikes... it seems like it has been way to long to wait for a case worker now... we have all been waiting for almost 4 weeks!
-uk4james

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:34 pm

uk4James wrote:dolphin_m70,
I am in the same situation. got cc charged on Oct 16th. Still waiting for allocation of case worker... Last time I checked was Mon Nov 6th. I am hoping that this new process doesn't talk to us on timing. I have to be in the UK by Dec 27th at the latest... due to prior engagements. Yikes... it seems like it has been way to long to wait for a case worker now... we have all been waiting for almost 4 weeks!
-uk4james
James,
have you called HO today? your case still didnt gone to caseworker?

I think it is going to be delayed like hell for us, due to shortage of caseworkers because of this transition process :(

Another Info what I got is whoever applying by Dec under new scheme have to wait 5 months for decisions..

There timelines also expanding from Dec :(

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Hari15,
No, I didn't call today. I sent an email today but haven't heard back yet. The last I heard was on Monday 6th because I had to add some new info to my case.. still no case worker at that point. Yuck!
James,
ps. James is my boyfriend. :) That is why I need to get over there as soon as possible. I am sick of being away from him for so long now. :cry:

uk4James

Post by uk4James » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Hari15,
No, I didn't call today. I sent an email today but haven't heard back yet. The last I heard was on Monday 6th because I had to add some new info to my case.. still no case worker at that point. Yuck!
James,
ps. James is my boyfriend. :) That is why I need to get over there as soon as possible. I am sick of being away from him for so long now. :cry:

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:25 am

Did you try *4074 or *6020 ?? I saw a couple of posts suggesting that it isn't a problem knowing the decision if one calls the *6020 number.

regards
jd wrote:This was my first application.

I last asked HO about status on 27/10 and answer was that my case was waiting to be allocated to case worker.

On 7th I came to know that my case has been decided and documents dispatched on 02/11 and thats it.

I called HO today but they were not willing to tell me the decision due to security reasons and asked me to wait for documents and letter.

Now just fingers crossed. Don't know what the decision is???

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:11 am

Anybody who got CCd after 10th October got their case alloted to case worker? Please update guys & girls

Mine CCd on Oct 19th, Yesterday mailed to know the status, still no response