ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees Rise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

and yet ... still 700 odd ppl have signed it :roll: :cry:
Give me more Karma (+)

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 am

QuickSam wrote:and yet ... still 700 odd ppl have signed it :roll: :cry:
Does any one know how many of such petitions are being conducted online for this cause? as there is definite chances of voters being distributed and having a "Hung" petition!
we should only sign ONE petition. I am sure then the number will fly high

pkat
Newly Registered

Post by pkat » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Latest News..

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nges-rules

No mention of T1 G fees increase!
Although there is proposal for increasing in the maintainance funds TBE from 14 Jun 2012.

jinfenggoh
Newly Registered

However

Post by jinfenggoh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi All,

What does the latest news mean? There is no mention of the fees increase at all but will they just do a shock thing on the 6th of April?

I just phoned up UKBA and the person could not tell me anything about the fees increase... I think we didn't understand each other and I gave up after 2 tries.

My appointment is on the 11th of April and if they come out with a new form on the 10th of April (6th to 9th is public holiday), then I will have precious little time to fill in everything...

Well, just keep my eyes on the news page on UKBA and my fingers crossed that they don't take away another £500 from me... :p

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: However

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:21 pm

jinfenggoh wrote:Hi All,

What does the latest news mean? There is no mention of the fees increase at all but will they just do a shock thing on the 6th of April?

I just phoned up UKBA and the person could not tell me anything about the fees increase... I think we didn't understand each other and I gave up after 2 tries.

My appointment is on the 11th of April and if they come out with a new form on the 10th of April (6th to 9th is public holiday), then I will have precious little time to fill in everything...

Well, just keep my eyes on the news page on UKBA and my fingers crossed that they don't take away another £500 from me... :p
I don't think the Fee rise has gone through in the current proposal. You definitely need to wait and watch.
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:46 pm

the fee rise and the change in the immigration rules are separate. the fee rise will happen, on 6th April as announced in Feb. They say the rises are subject to parliamentary approval but it would be unusual (if not unprecented) for such approval not to be given

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... b-2012.pdf

igenes
Newly Registered

Post by igenes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Latest on this. It include the reasons given by ministers on why fees are being increased by 50% for Tier-1 General visas

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 312s01.htm

musheer1812

SIGNED PETITION

Post by musheer1812 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Need more people to sigh this !

Many thanks
Mohammed

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:45 am

pkat wrote:Although there is proposal for increasing in the maintainance funds TBE from 14 Jun 2012.
So for anyone with a projected appointment date of 15 Jun 2012, surely they'll have missed the window for increasing their balance to the new minimum level unless they did so within a day of the announcement (how many T1G visa holders are even aware of this announcement)?

This is assuming they keep the duration over which to maintain the minimum balance as 90 days (couldn't find if they have announced anything around this).

Doesn't sound reasonable at all, and people will get hit hard, especially if they remain unaware of this change, which is quite likely as most people due to apply mid-June onwards won't even act until early May (PEO appointment) or mid May (postal application) at the earliest.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:49 am

QuickSam wrote:What's you gut feel on this? I think, this would be implemented without any fuss.

Petition Link : http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29831
Sadly, I think Quicksam is right. When I signed the petision which was good 3-4 weeks ago. There were around 400 signatures. After a month today, its 800. At this rate and awareness, we will never reach the mark.