ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing stamp of leaving from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Julian
Newly Registered

Missing stamp of leaving from UK

Post by Julian » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi Guys

I have spent less than 180 outside UK. The problem is there is one absence or journey which I have done through ferry and immigration officer at UK port Or French port has not stamped it while leaving. When I came back they stamped it. For example I left on 21-July 2011 and returned on 30-July-2011, there is no stamp of me leaving on 21-july-2011, but there is stamp at Calais for my arrival.

I am due for my ILR next month.

How to go about it, i.e. prove I was in UK before 30-Jul-2011 (if I need to)? If I mention my absence from 21-july-2011 to 30-July as absence, will it be enough?

Thanks
Jul

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

when you leave UK, UKBA doesn't stamp your passport for exit. they only stamp when you enter UK. so when you enter other country from UK they must have stamped Entry on your passport. so you still needs to mention all dates of entry and exit dates on your form.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Just state the dates yourself. The UKBA usually gives people the benefit of the doubtl

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 am

Perhaps it might be helpful if you have any supporting evidence of your return journey - e.g. email confirmation of the ferry ticket if you bought in advance, etc.

Julian
Newly Registered

Post by Julian » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Yes, I understand the recieving country had to stamp it and it does in all cases (if you travel by air), but I think when you go by ferries it is different. The passport/visa check happens in Dover (or port of departure not at recieving end).

Probably I will put the ticket, room booking confirmation for the journet and also employer letter to state that I was in country for test of the period.

Thanks
Jul

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I've noticed that if you are coming on a non-major route, the immigration folks are quite ignorant on what to do with some visas. For example, the immigration officer put the wrong stamp on my passport (not eligible to work!!!) at Calais. Also, when my missus entered the UK via Dublin, they didnt even stamp her passport (and that was her first entry as a Tier 1 dependant!!!)

Sometimes we need to watch the watchers...