ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions about the process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Some questions about the process

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm

- Can I take someone else with me to pay for me at the PEO? I will not have a UK Credit Card. I know that they accept international cards, but do not want to risk anything.
- In case I pay with Check, what is a check Guarantee card and how do I get it?
- Am I allowed to bring my cell phone and iPad etc. to the PEO appointment?

Thanks experts for the help in advance. I am a newbie, and may have more questions as I fill out the application for my PEO appointment.

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Some questions about the process

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

iubus2005 wrote:- Can I take someone else with me to pay for me at the PEO? I will not have a UK Credit Card. I know that they accept international cards, but do not want to risk anything.

Thanks experts for the help in advance. I am a newbie, and may have more questions as I fill out the application for my PEO appointment.
Why don't you pay by Postal Order or Banker's Draft? You are not allowed to take anyone with you.

Cell phone is allowed but needs to be switched off when you are in the premise. Laptop can be brought in but may need to be switched of while you are at the PEO.
Give me more Karma (+)

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

iubus2005 wrote:- Can I take someone else with me to pay for me at the PEO? I will not have a UK Credit Card. I know that they accept international cards, but do not want to risk anything.

I think they will not accept cheque at PEO and if they do, they will process your application after the payment is cleared. I might be worng, its just my own opinion.

regards
H

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:39 pm

I thought they stopped doing the cheque guarantee card? Even if you have one (over £1000 Cheque Guarantee) it may damage your same day application outcome. I know this because I work at quite senior level who processes the (CGC) Cheque Guarantee Clearance for all the UK banks. And more than anything else, I do not think they accept that at PEO as a mode of payment !

Good Luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Thank you everyone for the helpful answers.