ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a little update. The deadline for the ECO to respond to our visa appeal was today. Yet we still haven't heard anything and we appealed back in October.

Is this normal? Does anyone have experience of this? I'm told that if the ECO misses the deadline we'll be issued with a hearing date anyway.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Dabby wrote:Hi everyone,

Just a little update. The deadline for the ECO to respond to our visa appeal was today. Yet we still haven't heard anything and we appealed back in October.

Is this normal? Does anyone have experience of this? I'm told that if the ECO misses the deadline we'll be issued with a hearing date anyway.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Don't worry about this.Its quite normal. You'll be even lucky if you receive anything at all before hearing.It is quite possible that nobody will come from the Home office to represent them at hearing........but don't worry because this means good news for you because it shows their ineptitude and when they came before Adjudicator at hearing, he will lay into them and will ensure you win the appeal.

I would begin to worry if they were doing everything correctly before hearing as that will show their determination to defend the refusal.

If I was you I would not worry about receiving anything at all but instead prepare what you are going to say to disprove the refusal by teh ECO
:wink: :wink:

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Wow thanks for the reply! That's really re-assuring.

So I guess I should start preparing for the hearing! Any advice on the hearing process? I've no idea what happens/how formal it is/if friends and family can speak in support etc. I presume this info will be supplied with the hearing date letter.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:32 am

Hello Dabby,

Hope this helps to u and other members on this forum:

my hearing was on 2nd march(my bday) and my husband was my representative....
he reachd there in time and after all the security chks, waited for an hour, whn he was called for the hearing. He told me that it was quite an informal meeting with the Immi judge, HO lady(ECM) from Solihull and my husband...

so the judge straight away asked the lady that why does she thinks the visa should be refused after looking at all the docs...She straight away said what bundle what documents nothing was given and she was stiff….
my husband said that he had sent the bundle wid the appeal form and he has a written proof(email) from IAC mentioning that they have recvd the docs and will forward it to the relevant dept...
thn my husband explained how did we meet, why did i come to UK, how he proposed me... the HO lady had a smile after listening to all this..
Thn the HO lady just asked cna u prov u both lived together in the same property.. my husband showed him the Electoral form photocopy ad email which mentions that my name is in the list, council bill and water bill...the lady said that she can take all 3 as combination of proof….which justifies the case..
Judge then asked HO then did she still believes that any issue is there….she said No…if she would have seen all these docs then this case wouldn’t have been lasted for long…infact she could have been here long back……He also concluded that Home office still has time to think and respond if any objection is there...
But then this HO lady just laughed and said…….the case is straight forward and she don’t have any objection ……but it might take sometime for me to come here…..as the remaining process needs to be taken care of…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps u... now just waiting for the determination letter...

Does anyone has an email address or phone number of Appeals Determination Unit so that I can check wid them when are they sending it...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 am

Dabby wrote:Wow thanks for the reply! That's really re-assuring.

So I guess I should start preparing for the hearing! Any advice on the hearing process? I've no idea what happens/how formal it is/if friends and family can speak in support etc. I presume this info will be supplied with the hearing date letter.
Why don't you spend a day( or half a day) attending these courts, listening and watching what goes on.

Its a public court and you can go in and listen to what is going on, however make sure you choose a hearing that is similar to yours. Ask the receptionist at the courts and they will tell you which are spouse appeals.

Just go in and sit at back and you will soon find out what procedure and the type of questions that are asked and the replies given :wink:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

lucy_2011 wrote:Hello Dabby,

Hope this helps to u and other members on this forum:

my hearing was on 2nd march(my bday) and my husband was my representative....
he reachd there in time and after all the security chks, waited for an hour, whn he was called for the hearing. He told me that it was quite an informal meeting with the Immi judge, HO lady(ECM) from Solihull and my husband...

so the judge straight away asked the lady that why does she thinks the visa should be refused after looking at all the docs...She straight away said what bundle what documents nothing was given and she was stiff….
my husband said that he had sent the bundle wid the appeal form and he has a written proof(email) from IAC mentioning that they have recvd the docs and will forward it to the relevant dept...
thn my husband explained how did we meet, why did i come to UK, how he proposed me... the HO lady had a smile after listening to all this..
Thn the HO lady just asked cna u prov u both lived together in the same property.. my husband showed him the Electoral form photocopy ad email which mentions that my name is in the list, council bill and water bill...the lady said that she can take all 3 as combination of proof….which justifies the case..
Judge then asked HO then did she still believes that any issue is there….she said No…if she would have seen all these docs then this case wouldn’t have been lasted for long…infact she could have been here long back……He also concluded that Home office still has time to think and respond if any objection is there...
But then this HO lady just laughed and said…….the case is straight forward and she don’t have any objection ……but it might take sometime for me to come here…..as the remaining process needs to be taken care of…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope this helps u... now just waiting for the determination letter...

Does anyone has an email address or phone number of Appeals Determination Unit so that I can check wid them when are they sending it...
It takes about 10-14 days for the adjudicator ( Imm judge) to send you ( or your sponsor/solicitor) the determination ( outcome of appeal).

At the same time UKBA get the outcome as well, which they then post to the BHC post where the applicant applied, who will then write to the applicant to bring their passport for the visa to be stamped. This whole procedure can take up to 8 weeks in total.......Hope that answers your questions Lucy

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 am

Hello Sir,

how r u?
Yes peeps on this forum, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr.Batley Khan who has been throughout this journey wid me and guided me what was right thing to do.. I just hope to get the passport stamped soon so that I bring Indian sweets for u soon :)

Trust me guys, he is best in the world in regards to Immi matters....

Dabby

Post by Dabby » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Dabby wrote:Wow thanks for the reply! That's really re-assuring.

Why don't you spend a day( or half a day) attending these courts, listening and watching what goes on.

Its a public court and you can go in and listen to what is going on, however make sure you choose a hearing that is similar to yours. Ask the receptionist at the courts and they will tell you which are spouse appeals.

Just go in and sit at back and you will soon find out what procedure and the type of questions that are asked and the replies given :wink:
Thanks batleykahn. That's a great idea. Once I know where our hearing is going to be I'll investigate.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Dabby, it will be at one of these places.Most likely the nearest one to you from this list

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... per/venues

jaani
Newly Registered

congrats lucy !!

Post by jaani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:45 pm

well done lucy
helpful info
we have just one bill in JOINT NAMES since october 2011 Elec and Gas bill and after reading your post perhaps I should put more bills on his name, so its okay to have joint name bills..or just his ?
as he has no l status as such in the uk how can I put him on the electrol roll ?
also.....
im paying the bills and not him...!! he does not do paid work here... so...

how many bills should i have in joint or his name
i did not think any foreign national can go on the electrol roll ?

oh lucy its a shame u had to go thru all that...but thats great...

also my pics have no date on them....

well i realise now the bills are a big thing .........although its silly as im paying them and yeah hes staying with me but why should i include him on the bill if im paying them..just for proof...well i wish they could take my word for it.....obviously not.....

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm

thats why this forum is meant to share our experiences n help others to avoid the same mistakes...
well i hav eno clues abt the elctoral thingy but my husband filled out the form n he added me... even i asked him the same question hw can this b possible for me, n he said dat they have accepted my name on the list as I'm his wife...
well u shld have joint bills n bills on his name as well which will prove in future that he was staying in the same property...
as far as how many bills are concerned, just add recent joint bills and recent bills on his name and ur name as well separately...
im still a foriegn national n my name is there on the list...dnt knw how but they added me...

date doesnt matter on the pics... as we'd sent 2 huge albums containing 500 pics without any dates to prove them that these pics cant be taken in a day...lol(dis is wat ECO stated in his refusal earlier)

hope this answers ur query :)
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

jaani
Newly Registered

Post by jaani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:02 pm

lol...about the pictures...is that what the eco said they could have been taken in a day..he most be a keen photographer when hes out and can take 500 a pics at a time thats why LOL
oh well at least you can laugh about it now....
yes joint bills it is to start keeping although he moved in in may and the joint bill came in october anyway so no proof of the moving in during may...lolllllll........maybe they will understand.........LOLLL

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:08 pm

ha ha ha ha

yeah even i moved into my husband's house in march, 2011 and the joint bill came in june, 2011...
n the marriage registrar and the UKBA had no problem wid it...
i wish these ECO's dnt take out their work frustration on the appellants and the applicants...

jaani
Newly Registered

Post by jaani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 pm

ok so u were here....and married so how come u went back........

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:23 pm

u forgot jaani...

my story in short is here.. whn we got married i applied for spouse visa from UK which was guided by UKBA customer services team thre... so i did it.. they refused without any appeal rights that i need to go bk to india n apply from there... as we were not aware of any forums and didnt have money to spend on solicitors, i just came bk to india and appied frm here and again refusal...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 020#591020

jaani
Newly Registered

Post by jaani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

sorry thanks for the reminder...
wow thats so silly...maybe they just want you to put money into their golden pot for the fees to apply from back home ..and create jobs for the ECO's...wow...how silly after all that they said no but now yes...what a waste of everyones time..........and money.....its a genuine relationship marriage now but what was it then before..........i really dont get immigration even though i understand it totally i still dont understand whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...anyway... :D good to know when you are a winner....gives me loads of hope...lol.. :wink:

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 pm

exactly this is wat i said whn they refused again... i guess the economy is being run by immi fees... n the worst part is they r always short of ECO staff... i wld say, HIRE ME! lol
i must say this forum is soo helpful, that at the end of the day, everyone is a winner with the extremely valuable suggestions and advises by moderators and members...

gud luck jaani, u'll be fine dear n u'll also b a winner...

jaani
Newly Registered

Post by jaani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm

lol thanks...unfortunately its the unsure road ahead which makes me :cry: but yes this is good to help.thsi forum...but i can not stand to be apart from him now let alone if we were to separate so i havent taken any decision on the road next but ....thanks and tc..x

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:32 pm

hello all,

just thought this info will be helpful for all the members on this website:

Determination Team - Allowed Appeal
Determinations.Team@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

UK Border Agency
Central Appeal Function
Presenting Officers Unit Angel Square
2nd Floor, Building One
Angel Square, 1 Torrens Street
London
EC1V 1NY

Tel: +44 020 7084 1972
Fax:+44 020 7239 1766

for people who's hearing was at Sheldon Court, Birmingham, the contact details are:

Presenting Officer Unit
Birmingham
Tel: 0121 700 1616
Email: POUBirmingham.ECOAllowedDets@​UKBA.gsi.gov.uk

Hope this helps...

I emailed Birmingham POU yesterday but no reply as yet...
hmmmmmmm :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Hmmm...

So on friday, 16th march, i emailed IAC customer services as 14 working days already passed by as suggested by Batley sir. And this is wat they replied:

"We can confirm that we are currently awaiting a decision from the Immigration Judge as to the outcome of the appeal. The appeal was heard by way a hearing on 02/03/2012.
Once the Immigration Judge has signed and dated their decision, HM Courts & Tribunals Service will issue a copy to all applicable parties within two (2) weeks, from the date of the Immigration Judge's decision."

My question is wheeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn will i get it?
Sir, this is killing me now.......

baz86

Post by baz86 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 pm

oh my god!!! i'm really nervous now!!

my wifes processed application has now been sent via Blue Dart!!!

The february timings on ukba website were kind of stating that it takes 2-3 months but its only been 7 and a half weeks since we submitted on 2/2/2012...so I'm really nervous now. I hope it hasnt been rejected!!!

fingers crossed!!
02/02/2012 - Spouse Visa Application Submitted (VFS Ahmedabad)
02/02/2012 - Application being forward to BHC
07/02/2012 - Application Under Process at BHC
21/03/2012 - Processed Application Delivered to Bluedart
23/03/2012 - Visa Granted:D

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:05 pm

dnt worry... gud luck baz86...

baz86

Post by baz86 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:14 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:dnt worry... gud luck baz86...
Thank you lucy! my heart rate is sky high right now! :(

Does anyone know how to track the parcel in bluedart? what do i put as the ref no?
02/02/2012 - Spouse Visa Application Submitted (VFS Ahmedabad)
02/02/2012 - Application being forward to BHC
07/02/2012 - Application Under Process at BHC
21/03/2012 - Processed Application Delivered to Bluedart
23/03/2012 - Visa Granted:D

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

on the vfs site, whre u tracked ur appliation, on that web page instruction must b given as to what ref no should u use...

as far as i remember, but not sure, i used my application track no i guess(really cant remember exactly) on bluedart website and opted for airway bill no or i guess ref no...
thn it showed the status that it has been dispatched...

honestly cant remember how did i chk it..im sorry...but u can try..

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

@baz86,

i just cross checked wid my old cookies in my laptop,

go to bledart website and use the passport no n thn click on ref no or airway bill no....

this will help..i just chkd bluedart website wid my old records... yeah thats right...