ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling post applicatants & paid by Bankers draft - Feb/

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vignezh
United Kingdom

Calling post applicatants & paid by Bankers draft - Feb/

Post by vignezh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi All

I submitted my application for extn with 1 dependant by post on 12th March and it was received on 13th at the HO. I am eagerly awaiting the confirmation letter. Did anyone applied recently by post and paid by Bankers draft. I understand it is currently taking nearly 10 days for card payments, but would anyone know what is the case if it is Bankers draft.

Also, I am wondering whether they send you the letter only after the payment or before the payment. Does the letter mention that your application fee has been paid and acknowledged?

Many thanks in advance

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Re: Calling post applicatants & paid by Bankers draft -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

vignezh wrote:Hi All

I submitted my application for extn with 1 dependant by post on 12th March and it was received on 13th at the HO. I am eagerly awaiting the confirmation letter. Did anyone applied recently by post and paid by Bankers draft. I understand it is currently taking nearly 10 days for card payments, but would anyone know what is the case if it is Bankers draft.

Also, I am wondering whether they send you the letter only after the payment or before the payment. Does the letter mention that your application fee has been paid and acknowledged?

Many thanks in advance

I sent my application on 12th as well, but my payment was via CC. It just got deducted today (doesnt actually show on the statement yet but available credit is shortene by £1000).
Hopefully will receive letter by end of this week.

regards
harpreet

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:55 pm

harpreetjagdey wrote:

Many thanks in advance

I sent my application on 12th as well, but my payment was via CC. It just got deducted today (doesnt actually show on the statement yet but available credit is shortene by £1000).
Hopefully will receive letter by end of this week.

regards
harpreet
Perhaps, it means they have been sitting on our applications until today...

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Many thanks in advance
you wont really know when the payment is taken by UKBA as the money has already left your account, rest assured, payment by bank draft should never fail if the payee was "Home Office"

you can ask the issuing bank if draft has been cashed but doubt if they will tell you anything

I paid using bank draft for my postal application & forgot to write anything at the back of the draft, payment still went fine

acknowledgement is usually after payment is through but it wont mention anything about the payment & if you get biometric letter that means your application is ready to be considered
Manka

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Manka10 wrote:

Many thanks in advance
you wont really know when the payment is taken by UKBA as the money has already left your account, rest assured, payment by bank draft should never fail if the payee was "Home Office"

you can ask the issuing bank if draft has been cashed but doubt if they will tell you anything

I paid using bank draft for my postal application & forgot to write anything at the back of the draft, payment still went fine

acknowledgement is usually after payment is through but it wont mention anything about the payment & if you get biometric letter that means your application is ready to be considered
Thanks Manka!