ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Refusal Notice GV51 Not Received

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Entry Clearance Refusal Notice GV51 Not Received

Post by sewatkar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Sushdmehta, Vinny, other Moderators and People,

I am already in the UK with my ICT VISA valid upto July 2013. My wife went to India when we were expecting our first child. My wife and my daughter(3 months old now) had applied for ICT Tier 2 Depedant VISA and their VISA got refused. We received GV51 Resfusal of Entry Clearance Notice for my daughter saying
"You have applied at the same time as your mother (BOM/XXXXXXXX). However, on this occasion, your mother's application has been refused. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you are able maintain and accommodate yourself adequately out of the resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will , be maintained and accomodated adequately by relatives or friends; that you can demonstrate that suitable arrangement have been made for your travel to , and reception and care in the United Kingdom. (Paragraph 319H (a))."
I called up at Mumbai VISA office and also sent an e-mail to them enquiring about my Wife's GV51 notice.

Could you please guide on below:
1.) What do I need to do if in case I do not get my wife's GV51 notice. (As I understand while re-applying as well we have to write if we were ever refused a VISA) ?

2.) What could be the issue while reapplying if I do not have my wife's GV51 notice ?

3.) Does
I am not satisfied that you are able maintain and accommodate yourself adequately out of the resources available to you without recourse to public funds or taking employment; or will , be maintained and accomodated adequately by relatives or friends; that you can demonstrate that suitable arrangement have been made for your travel to , and reception and care in the United Kingdom
this mean that my account has less balance ?(It had nearly GBP 4000) on original Bank Statements and nearly 5500+ GBP in my Latest Online bank statement from website.

4.) Paragraph 319H (a) refers to refusal on general grounds or does it mean something else as well ? As I don't see any other reason for infants refusal.

Would highly appreciate any help/advice.
Last edited by sewatkar on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

did you provide accommodation arrangement evidences ? like tenancy agreement etc
Khurram

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Khurram,

I was not aware of this, I had not given Tenancy agreement or Utility Bill, also no Sponsorship letter from my side. When I was going through different posts here reg ICT T2 Dep VISA, I see people have suggested giving Tenancy agreement. I gave all documents as suggested by our company travel desk only, which did not have Tenancy agreement/sponsorship letter from my side. Could that be the reason for refusal ? What about the GV51 not sent ?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

sorry friend i am not an expert, just remember UK policy is more strict for child care and they want to implement it on their best.
Khurram

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 pm

No problem thanks Khurram. Appreciate your response.

Please if anyone can suggest would appreciate.

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Update

Post by sewatkar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Just thought would update all; we e-mailed our query to Mumbai.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and received a soft copy of the refusal letter from the consulate. Though had to call them as well :?

The reason for refusal being Online Bank Statement summary from my account is not being considered as genuine - it should have been on Bank Stationery or otherwise stamped and signed by a bank branch with a letter on Bank letter head confirming they are genuine. The city in UK where I am living, I do not have my bank's branch.

We are going to re-apply now. So ensure the documents are original only(Original Bank Statements), within the last one month and having a the stipulated amount in the bank account for a consecutive 90 day period before applying. Hope this helps someone.

But yes this is also worth mentioning that I had submitted Online bank statements for processing my Parents and in-laws Visitor's VISA and they all had been on both occasions granted full 6 months VISA without my Online statements being pointed out as questionable. :roll:

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:14 am

see clause 90 as to what evidence is needed for the funds:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Provided the online statement you have shows all the required details it will be acceptable. It doesn't matter if the branch where your account is held is not in the town where you live. Walk into any other branch of the same bank, they can verify on their system that your statement is genuine and can certify it as such.

vinny

Re: Update

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:24 am

sewatkar wrote:The reason for refusal being Online Bank Statement summary from my account is not being considered as genuine - it should have been on Bank Stationery or otherwise stamped and signed by a bank branch with a letter on Bank letter head confirming they are genuine. The city in UK where I am living, I do not have my bank's branch.

We are going to re-apply now. So ensure the documents are original only(Original Bank Statements), within the last one month and having a the stipulated amount in the bank account for a consecutive 90 day period before applying. Hope this helps someone.

But yes this is also worth mentioning that I had submitted Online bank statements for processing my Parents and in-laws Visitor's VISA and they all had been on both occasions granted full 6 months VISA without my Online statements being pointed out as questionable. :roll:
Consider appealing first.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:12 am

Hi Manci,

Thanks, I have gone through the complete PBS DEP Policy. It says
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
What I meant was, there is no branch of my Bank anywhere in our town actually not even in our county !

Thanks Vinny for above, I had sent Original Bank Statement till Dec 2011, which had a balance of 2000 GBP, and rest were my online statements which had enough balance but did not have my name, so it failed at point 90 which Manci pointed out above "Bearing the name of main applicant / Having Bank Logo", so they were no good and since the 90 day consecutive balance criteria failed...they refused the application on 319 (C) (G). So doubt if my side is strong enough.

Just wanted to know, as I am holding both - Current and Savings account with bank, does the balance have to be in the Current account only ? Do they consider only Current account balance ? My Bank statement shows both accounts though. I keep most of the balance in my savings.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 am

You may include new "correct" statements for the appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

sewatkar
Newly Registered

Post by sewatkar » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:34 am

Vinny,

What are the processing times for appeals? I guess it would depend on when the Tribunal takes up your case right..Understand that we can give submit the original bank statements of Jan and Feb available now with us predating refusal date.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:43 am

The ECM may reverse the refusal, before the appeal, when reviewing the new evidence.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:24 am

sewatkar wrote:Hi Manci,

Thanks, I have gone through the complete PBS DEP Policy. What I meant was, there is no branch of my Bank anywhere in our town actually not even in our county !

Just wanted to know, as I am holding both - Current and Savings account with bank, does the balance have to be in the Current account only ? Do they consider only Current account balance ? My Bank statement shows both accounts though. I keep most of the balance in my savings.
It should not make any differenceif if the funds at the bank are in a current or savings account or both. See clause 87 of the policy guidance:

Evidence must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.

If the bank is too far away from where you are you will just have to rely on the post. Send them the online statement and ask them to certify it as correct, then return it to you.

sewatkar
Newly Registered

QUERY

Post by sewatkar » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:23 am

I am going to re-apply for my baby and my wife who's VISA's were rejected as above due to Online statement being submitted and thus enough funds were not shown. I want to know below:

1.) I am going to submit a letter inviting/sponsoring my wife and my baby to come over to UK. I had earlier sponsored my in-laws(last month) for family visit VISA(they've been granted family Visit VISA) and my Parents in 2010, Do I have to mention in my baby and wife's application that I previously sponsored my in-laws / parents - as the application asks if you have sponsored anyone in the last two years? I think I do not have to but have doubt as I am submitting a letter along with the dependent application saying I am sponsoring my wife and daughter. If I have to mention that I sponsored my in-laws and parents in the last two years, does the balance in my bank account needs to be more? Does it have an affect on my wife and baby's dependent application? FYI, I have balances totaling upwards of £ 4000, in my current or saving a/c combined.

2.) My sponsor who is an A rated sponsor is giving me a maintenance point letter for my dependents. Do we need a maintenance point letter or a funds requirement letter for dependents?

Any input would be appreciated.