ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Sposored By Non-Schengen Citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BarryS
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa Sposored By Non-Schengen Citizen

Post by BarryS » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I have a question that I thought would be an FAQ but I can't find the answer...

My Thai gf is coming to London for 2 months this year at my expense. The UK visitor visa was easy, much easier than I expected, but I was with her when she put the application in complete with my passport etc.

When she comes over, I'm planning to take her to Switzerland for a few days and maybe France or Italy on another side trip, as well as Amsterdam for a few hours during her stopover on the way home. All of this will be at my expense and with me accompanying.

Now that I'm back in London, I'm trying to work out how to provide evidence of sponsorship/identity etc without sending a load of paperwork with my passport to Bangkok to go with the form.

How have other people solved this problem in the past? It's a real pain in the backside having to submit the application in Thailand.

Thanks in advance..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

She's a very lucky lady being treated like that!

It would appear that she can only apply in Thailand; doesn't appear to be allowed to apply in London, which is a shame. This is no doubt why you posted this.

You could email the Swiss embassy (that's where you've expressed a desire to go) and ask if they would consider an application in London given her UK tourist visa or at least allow them to see your source of funds.

You say the lady is your GF. Is she more of a durable partner than a girlfriend? The reason I ask is that if she is, she may be able to apply as your family member.

If it doesn't work out, remember that the UK is lovely and there are lots of things to do. Two months will zoom by.