ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR

Post by juanitajv » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:54 am

I just wanted to check, can I apply for perm res/ILR before the end of my residence card? Me and my un-married partner (Czech national) have resided in the UK since September 2008. First 6 months for me was on an EEA Fam permit, then a 1 year Fam residence permit, and then since Jul 2010 Fam Res card, valid until Jul 2015. However next year Sept will be my 5 year anniversary of living in the UK. I've heard via a friend that the 5 years I would have done by then should count toward the 5 years that you have to do before perm res/ILR..Is this true? Could I apply next year already for this then or does it have to be at the end of my res card?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Your time will be counted from 2008, because the UK recognised you as a family member from that period, by issuing you with an EEA family permit.

Therefore by virtue of Regulation 7(3) you have been a family member since 2008, and you should be fine to apply in the Autumn of 2013.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors