ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No PEO appointments at Croydon???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:54 am

Guys - its also worth noting that there are different slots allocated for just primary visa holder applications, and different slots allocated for applications with dependants. Its completely possible that the UKBA has different logic sets for opening up the new slots in each different category. For those with prior success, if you dont mind, please state what kind of application you had - perhaps that may help us see a pettern emerge?

@PK2000, here is the site: https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

melimango

Post by melimango » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:40 pm

To add to this - I need an appt in Croydon for SET(O) between 16-30 April and it's showing no openings.

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:33 pm

hi Linker,
Can you please tell me what time exactly in morning you were able to see CROYDON appts and also have you booked for any dependant together?
cheers
AVTAR

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am

Spot on, linkers.

Like clockwork, slots for the 30th became available at midnight. But demand far exceeded supply, and nothing in Croydon was available almost from the onset. Solihull had a few slots, but that disappeared within a couple of minutes. And others are dropping as well.

Its pretty silly how few slots the UK BA has available... Why must *everything* be a rat race???

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:25 am

LankanFunkin you are right I have seen those slots last night picked one up and whilst i was filling the details and press complete i got the message that chose another time and there was no other time. Its like a running game and you have to quick really silly system..............

melimango

Post by melimango » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 am

I just tried at 6:30am for the 23rd-30th of April in Croydon and about 8 slots showed for the 30th. So I got one!

It says "Print and sign the official form and bring it to your appointment. To do this, click Continue below." and then after that there was no official form. Do they just mean the SET(O) document?

edit: this was an appt without dependants

avtarjain1980

No Appointment at Croydon PEO

Post by avtarjain1980 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi guys,
Its been 5 days (including nights) I been trying for Croydon and check for the new date. Can anyone tell me if he/she got apponitment (+1 Dependent) at Croydon.

Can it be the case that croydon does not appear if candidates are more than 1 (i.e. including dependant). I haven't seen any croydon appointment even just as a flash.

I live few files away from croydon, obviousl thats why I am doing all efforts!
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 pm

avtarjain1980: I noticed the same frustration. I had 3 dependants (4 in total including myself) and I could see appointments everywhere else but not in Croydon.

When I tried with no dependants, I could see Croydon slots (but that was no good to me).

So I had to booked for Solihull in the end :(

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Update: Apply online service in the UK will now be available on 19 March 2012

It may not be available past midnight tonight, If someone is looking to stay up until mid night.

The maintenance scheduled for today at 19:00 to the apply online service in the UK has now been cancelled.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

avtarjain1980

Got Croydon Appointment

Post by avtarjain1980 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:08 am

with Gods Grace after checking for 4-5 nights finally I got appointment of 01MAY2012 at Croydon PEO. I was frustated about why I can't find any appointments. I think I was lucky this time to get it after doing appointments check every 1 sec - I was very fast!!

best of luck
cheers
AVTAR

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am

Me as well got the required appointment and I can see quite a few still available for Croydon

umeruzair

Post by umeruzair » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks to all those who has guided me to get an appointment.

I must say the mid night logic seems to be correct as I always found spaces just straight at midnight at 00:00. The advise for others is keep your mind and hand present and book the space quickly as you only have minute to fill the form therefore if you are not quick you might lose the appointment as it happened with me quite a few times.

Wish everyone best of luck for their appointment booking.

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:50 pm

MODERATORS: It may be worthwhile making a sticky using the "lessons learned" from this post?

avtarjain1980

Just being over-cautious

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Guys,

Do we need to reconfirm our appointment with PEO. I can not afford any technical glitch due to shortage of time before my Visa expires.

being in IT , I fear about the word "Overbooked in Mistake".

I rememebr that at 00:00 midnight how rapidly everyone book their slots.

- Have anyone heard any issues with appointment (any POST)
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:25 pm

avtarjain1980: once you successfully book your appointment, you get an email from UKBA with Reference Number.

And for your peace of mind, you can double check it from signing in to your account on UKBA website which shows your active appointment with date, PEO, time and the form you are applying on.

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Case ID

Post by suravakonda » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:46 pm

"4.4. To complete your appointment:

a. Enter your personal details and case ID.

Hints:

You can find your case ID on your invitation letter."

Hi All,

I need to book a PEO appointment for Set(O). How do I get the case ID?

Thanks

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:08 am

What category are you applying under.
it doesnot ask caseID, if you are applying using form SET(O).
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:16 am

Sharing my personal experience of booking appointment.

I logged in and went unil date selection and pressed button a couple of seconds after mid-night.
It took about 60 seconds to come back with appointment for 3rd May 2012 (the latest you can book as of today based on current date +42 days).

I think all the appointments for that particular day are not released in one go.
They are released in tiered fashion i.e. when i clicked first the appointment was only avaialble upto 9 AM or so.
So I grabbed the one at 8:30, by the time I filled up my and dependents details and pressed the button it said appointment no longer available.
when I selected again there were more appointment available upto 10:10 am, all with time difference of 10 mins.

Good thing is if it suits to you later in the day, you can reschedule your appointment without cancelling your current appointment via your My Account page. I tried that and changed my appointment to later in the day as I have to travel some distance that morning. And the previously selected appointment is then available to others to book.

hope this helps to fellow members looking to book appointment in next few days...

suravakonda
Newly Registered

Post by suravakonda » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 am

Thanks nnj10 and congratulations to you...for successfully booking an appointment.

I was able to see a few appointments now (7 AM on 22 March) for 3 May.

Just to get screen shots of the pages, I navigated until personal details screen. For Set (O), after completing booking, does it require us to make the payment?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:08 am

suravakonda wrote:Thanks nnj10 and congratulations to you...for successfully booking an appointment.

I was able to see a few appointments now (7 AM on 22 March) for 3 May.

Just to get screen shots of the pages, I navigated until personal details screen. For Set (O), after completing booking, does it require us to make the payment?
No for SET (O), you have to pay at PEO on the day of your appointment

avtarjain1980

Can I double Book

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 am

Has anyone tried double booking for backup plan.

Is it possible to have one more booking in your name using another email ID? Just in case, If interview does not succeed on first go (could be becasue of Documents or Payment), Is it worth to have a backup plan to avoid VISA expiry?

As we know appointments are very few, It won't be possible to get another date that time.

- Has anyone did a double booking?
- Can it cause disruption to actual interview?
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:11 am

avtarjain1980: I have not heard of anyone booking multiple appointments. The reason I didn’t book two appointments was always my fear that the second appointment can cause problems to your first appointment and PEO can refuse to see you.

Can anyone else share more information on booking multiple appointments ?

avtarjain1980

Croydon Appointments

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Guys there are 10-15 croydon appointments available for 30/04

go and get if u need
cheers
AVTAR