ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLZ HELP - EMPLOYER LETTER FOR ILR - AN ISSUE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lahore2664
BANNED

PLZ HELP - EMPLOYER LETTER FOR ILR - AN ISSUE

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Hello, I have my ILR due soon. I have today been issued letter by Employer for ILR. I am on WP. Employer has detailed everything on company letter head. The only issue is he signed company name under KIND REGARDS. I am not sure this is acceptable or not. What the regulation says.

Please let me know if the letter he has given is fine for me.. I am very upset please advice.

Thanks
Last edited by lahore2664 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

lahore2664
BANNED

Re: PLZ HELP - EMPLOYER LETTER FOR ILR - AN ISSUE

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

lahore2664 wrote:Hello, I have my ILR due soon. I have today been issued letter by Employer for ILR. I am on WP. Employer has detailed everything on company letter head. The only issue is he signed company name under your sincerely.. I am not sure this is acceptable or not. What the regulation says.
Please let me know if the letter he has given is fine for me.. I am very upset please advice.

Thanks
Can anyone please reply???
Last edited by lahore2664 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 pm

I dont think that will be acceptable, but i am not sure.....wait for others to comment.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:24 pm

[quote="drzeevoh73"]I dont think that will be acceptable, but i am not sure.....wait for others to comment.[/quote

Thanks for your reply but what the regulations say, UKBA wants a letter from employer on company letter head and tht I have it, the only issue is it doesn't say my director's name. Only employer's name in signature place.. The letterhead has all the contact details. Can't UKBA call if they are but suspicious. I would be surprised if they refuse becuse of this. Still need an advise from seniors please... Very very upset.. Please advise.. Thanks

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Sorry, but your manager is being a pr!ck.

Does the place you work have a Human Resources department? If so, if I were you, I would get the same letter issued by them, but this time have one of the HR people actually put their name and direct contact info. End of the day, the UKBA needs someone to contact, and they can get everything they need from HR.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 am

Hi

I think as well that the letter issued by your company for your ILR is not acceptable by the UKBA I am affraid.

I believe that the UKBA wants the letter signed by any person who's holding a Director,CEO,CFO or atleast a Managerial position in the company you're working for. That's the whole logic from the UKBA to get the employer letter on the company letter head and being signed by a Director,CEO or at least from a Managerial level position just getting the letter on the company letter head and signed by the company name is certainly not enough I am affraid.

I dont really see the reason that why your Manager is hesitating in signing the letter by his name i really dont get the logic behind this to be honest with you.

Good luck for your ILR.

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 am

Smam wrote:Hi

I think as well that the letter issued by your company for your ILR is not acceptable by the UKBA I am affraid.

I believe that the UKBA wants the letter signed by any person who's holding a Director,CEO,CFO or atleast a Managerial position in the company you're working for. That's the whole logic from the UKBA to get the employer letter on the company letter head and being signed by a Director,CEO or at least from a Managerial level position just getting the letter on the company letter head and signed by the company name is certainly not enough I am affraid.

I dont really see the reason that why your Manager is hesitating in signing the letter by his name i really dont get the logic behind this to be honest with you.

Good luck for your ILR.
What are the options left for me then? Will it be straight NO or what? I am really upset guys, please answer. Thanks

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

Well I think if you're working for them for the past 5 odd years I think they can give you this much of a little favour.

I can surely understand your situation mate honestly.

I am also on a WP here unfortunately and honestly I will say that getting a WP from an UK based company is more of like getting in to a Modern day Slavery.

Just beg them honestly cry infront of them that's the only option I can see here to get that letter changed.

Good luck for your ILR.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:02 pm

lahore2664 wrote:Hello, I have my ILR due soon. I have today been issued letter by Employer for ILR. I am on WP. Employer has detailed everything on company letter head. The only issue is he signed company name under your sincerely.. I am not sure this is acceptable or not. What the regulation says. He is bit of a character and would never give me a letter again. This letter he has given is after continues 6 months steady effort. I did ask to please put his name and signatures but he said it will be from company and if there will be any inquiry he will confirm.

Thanks
I assume the company would have an HR department. Get the letter from HR manager instead. Why do they have a problem in giving you a letter?

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

Well I think if you're working for them for the past 5 odd years I think they can give you this much of a little favour.

I can surely understand your situation mate honestly.

I am also on a WP here unfortunately and honestly I will say that getting a WP from an UK based company is more of like getting in to a Modern day Slavery.

Just beg them honestly cry infront of them that's the only option I can see here to get that letter changed.

Good luck for your ILR.
##

Thanks sir, your kind advises worked.. I have now obtained the letter. Many thanks

lahore2664
BANNED

Post by lahore2664 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:36 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:
lahore2664 wrote:Hello, I have my ILR due soon. I have today been issued letter by Employer for ILR. I am on WP. Employer has detailed everything on company letter head. The only issue is he signed company name under your sincerely.. I am not sure this is acceptable or not. What the regulation says. He is bit of a character and would never give me a letter again. This letter he has given is after continues 6 months steady effort. I did ask to please put his name and signatures but he said it will be from company and if there will be any inquiry he will confirm.

Thanks
Manuy thanks.. I have obtained letter now. :-)
I assume the company would have an HR department. Get the letter from HR manager instead. Why do they have a problem in giving you a letter?

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi

Glad to hear that your problem is solved.

A very good luck to you again for your ILR.

Please do share with us your PEO experience.

Many thanks.