ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 application good character certificate requested?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doc44
- thin ice -

tier 2 application good character certificate requested?

Post by doc44 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi all members,

I have an urgent question, please help.

Home office has requested me to fill the form for criminality check and good character that will then be directly posted to HO by criminal record office. Is it normal part of the application process? Please advice.

It seems from the letter that everyone has to get it if applying through tier 2 route. Is it something newly introduced? Kindly share if anyone else got the same letter. I am surprised and worried. Please share. Thanks.[/i]

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Is this part of your application form? Or you got a separate form sent to you after you applied? Looks very new to me. Never seen anyone post about it here. I got Tier2 back in October and didn't have to do any separate form? I just had to declare it in the main application.

Do you have any sort of Ghosts from the past you are hiding from home office? Maybe its a new introduction.

Wait for others comments.. :roll:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

katiebennett

Post by katiebennett » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm

hi everyone please wat did you cos reference number look like? was it codes or numbers please

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:51 pm

madona587 wrote:Is this part of your application form? Or you got a separate form sent to you after you applied? Looks very new to me. Never seen anyone post about it here. I got Tier2 back in October and didn't have to do any separate form? I just had to declare it in the main application.

Do you have any sort of Ghosts from the past you are hiding from home office? Maybe its a new introduction.

Wait for others comments.. :roll:
Hi,
It seems new ya. Went for my biometric today. All well no problem at all. Never ever been to police station or any other issue. It says in the letter that it is normal part of the application process but ya never heard of it before. May be introduced on the 14 Feb or 29 Feb after the new changes.
Please comment if any one else is going through the same. Thanks.

It's a separate letter sent to me requesting to get the form police station, fill it in and post to criminal record office. By the way I also had basic access secuity certificate issued as part of my job in civil services declaring that I am clean and clear. Thanks

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

it may depend on nature of job
Khurram

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:11 am

Khurram545 wrote:it may depend on nature of job
I think you are probably right here. OP tell us what sort of work you do?
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

madona587 wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:it may depend on nature of job
I think you are probably right here. OP tell us what sort of work you do?
Sorry OP stands for? Its DAT1 (Data protection subject access form) form that I need to fill. I have found some other applicants with the same story. Please share the timeline if anyone has the same experience. Thanks