ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incidents (Experience) at HCI London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sll100
Newly Registered

Incidents (Experience) at HCI London

Post by sll100 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 am

Spouse just applied for OCI and thought would be a good idea to share experiences here and create a thread. If we all share some experiences which we see / hear at HCI future applicants can be well informed. Funny ones also welcome

sll100
Newly Registered

Post by sll100 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

A lady was at HCI this morning stating that it is her time for OCI. Rejected as the counter lady informed her that OCI applicant needs to be there personally. Argument followed which was unnecessary as the rule is a rule.

Exact change always helps as one person was asking for 4 pounds worth of change as he was not carrying and the HCI did not have change

OCI application only needs one copy, the other copy is for your benefit as per HCI. so, no need photocopying all the documents which are not needed twice.

sll100
Newly Registered

Post by sll100 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Guys, 35 views and still no replies. I am sure we can put some comments and that will help the people / make them laugh at the incidents which happen at the embassy

blueygrey
Newly Registered

funny how people are over there!

Post by blueygrey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:41 pm

went for my OCI, and its funny to see how TENSED people are while they wait!
Some guy even peeked at my application and commented how small my photo was, how it wasnt glued and how they may actually REFUSE me for this. My application went through pretty well and it was just too funny to see people there worried like they were passing an exam!!

all i would tell all is - READ THE WEBSITE GUIDELINES BEFORE U GO. prepare it well and u will have no issues! its not rocket science!