ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I use Ukraine or Brit Lawyer to help gf student visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gromans
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Should I use Ukraine or Brit Lawyer to help gf student visa?

Post by gromans » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:29 am

Help Please

I am thinking of enlisting the help of a lawyer to assist with my girlfriends application for a student visa. She is a Ukraine National and I am British and sponsoring her.

I have spoken to Lawyers in the UK ( website ones) and Mila has spoken to Lawyers in the Ukraine and they both seem to think the process should be straight forward, however after reading many of the postings on here and elsewhere I am not so convinced and are sceptical that the Lawyers are just looking to take my money quickly!

Question, could anyone advise if it would be better to use a British lawyer ( from UK) or a Ukraine Lawyer ( Kiev) I presume the people that need convincing at the Embassy in Kiev are British? Could someone please enlighten me here?

Many thanks

Gary

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 am

I suggest go for advisers based in UK.They can go through all the documents you need and advice you appropriately.The adviser must be (OISC) registered.

Ask for recommendation don't just get the one you get on the web.Go to UKBA website and make sure your girlfriend meets all the requirements and can provide all the evidence.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:19 pm

no need to use anyone . Read the guidance and posts in student section above . If she meets the rules apply .
Note you can not officially sponsor her , but you could give her the funds .
pennyless

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

peppekalle wrote:I suggest go for advisers based in UK.They can go through all the documents you need and advice you appropriately.The adviser must be (OISC) registered.

Ask for recommendation don't just get the one you get on the web.Go to UKBA website and make sure your girlfriend meets all the requirements and can provide all the evidence.
Only non-solicitors register with the OISC, solicitors are regulated by the SRA so don't need to register with the OISC.

the OP already has an active thread in the tier 4 section that it would be best if he stuck to.

gromans
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by gromans » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:14 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:no need to use anyone . Read the guidance and posts in student section above . If she meets the rules apply .
According to the UKBA website I can sponsor her? Quote :

Information about your finances and employment
You may submit any of the following financial documents. You should consider including evidence of your total monthly income from all sources – for example, employment, friends, family, personal savings and property. This will help us assess your circumstances in your own country and will give us evidence of how your trip is to be funded. You should consider providing this information even if someone else is paying for your trip.
1 VER.06 12/10/2011
2 VER.06 12/10/2011
- If someone else is paying for your trip, they should consider providing the same information about their finances and employment.
- If you are providing documents from a joint account, please explain who the

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:29 pm

gromans wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:no need to use anyone . Read the guidance and posts in student section above . If she meets the rules apply .
According to the UKBA website I can sponsor her? Quote :

Information about your finances and employment
You may submit any of the following financial documents. You should consider including evidence of your total monthly income from all sources – for example, employment, friends, family, personal savings and property. This will help us assess your circumstances in your own country and will give us evidence of how your trip is to be funded. You should consider providing this information even if someone else is paying for your trip.
1 VER.06 12/10/2011
2 VER.06 12/10/2011
- If someone else is paying for your trip, they should consider providing the same information about their finances and employment.
- If you are providing documents from a joint account, please explain who the
please stick to your other thread to avoid confusion and duplication.