ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision delayed by Home office

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mjiyani
Newly Registered

Decision delayed by Home office

Post by mjiyani » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi,

I had obtained my Tier 1 visa in August 2009. I was on PSW before. My visa was expiring on 16th Feb 2009 and I had applied for my Tier 1 visa before the expiration period. But Home office people took 6 months to decide whether i am eligible or not (fortunately asylum people don't have to worry about this). I was in UK for this entire six months as home office kept my passport and relevant documents. Rather than putting date from when my 17th Feb 2009, they stamped from 18th Aug 2009. This means i have lost this 6 months span for my ILR. Is ther any way that i can claim this six month when i will go for my ILR?

Any advise will be helpful and much appriciated.

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 pm

You haven't lost that 6 month period. You could include that when applying for ILR as you were covered under Section 3c of the Immigration act 1971.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Give me more Karma (+)