ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The last day to apply PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soph7645
Newly Registered

The last day to apply PSW visa

Post by soph7645 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 am

Hi,

I graduated at July 2011 and I would like to apply for PSW visa.
Is 5th April the last day to apply for psw or the last day of issuing a psw visa?

Please help~ Thank you very much!!

htc_123
Pakistan

Re: The last day to apply PSW visa

Post by htc_123 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 am

soph7645 wrote:Hi,

Is 5th April the last day to apply for psw or the last day of issuing a psw visa?

Have a look at thi link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nges-rules

6th is when these will be implemented so technically 5th is the last date but personally I would apply ASAP or atleast in time so it reaches them before the 6th of April

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Your application should be sent to HO on or before 05 April 2012. If you are posting your application then the application date= date of posting application. If you post your application after 05 April you WILL NOT qualify for PSW as new changes would be implemented on the 06 April 2012. FYI - 06 April is Easter so a bank Holiday.

mrvemuri

Post by mrvemuri » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:08 pm

bobobo wrote:Your application should be sent to HO on or before 05 April 2012. If you are posting your application then the application date= date of posting application. If you post your application after 05 April you WILL NOT qualify for PSW as new changes would be implemented on the 06 April 2012. FYI - 06 April is Easter so a bank Holiday.

do they accept if they receive it on 5th of April.

thanks

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

mrvemuri wrote:
bobobo wrote:Your application should be sent to HO on or before 05 April 2012. If you are posting your application then the application date= date of posting application. If you post your application after 05 April you WILL NOT qualify for PSW as new changes would be implemented on the 06 April 2012. FYI - 06 April is Easter so a bank Holiday.

thanks
Technically they should but knowing UKBA I wouldn't risk it.

mrvemuri

Post by mrvemuri » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 pm

do they accept if they receive it on 5th of April?

Bro what do you say?

regards

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Please refrain from commenting if you are not sure. The Golden rule with HO is that if ANY application is made by Post then the Date of Application would be when the application was Posted and NOT when it was received. So any application made to the HO (Applications Posted) as long as there is Proof will have to be considered by the HO.
htc_123 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

thanks

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 pm

bobobo wrote:Please refrain from commenting if you are not sure. The Golden rule with HO is that if ANY application is made by Post then the Date of Application would be when the application was Posted and NOT when it was received. So any application made to the HO (Applications Posted) as long as there is Proof will have to be considered by the HO.
htc_123 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

thanks

I am pretty sure of what I said, "Technically" means that they should accept it if it's posted on the 5th, the rest is just a personal opinion.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

Not sure if its the best of ideas to add your own personal touch to a simple answer which can address the OP's question, this might lead to confusion.
htc_123 wrote:
bobobo wrote:Please refrain from commenting if you are not sure. The Golden rule with HO is that if ANY application is made by Post then the Date of Application would be when the application was Posted and NOT when it was received. So any application made to the HO (Applications Posted) as long as there is Proof will have to be considered by the HO.
htc_123 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

thanks

I am pretty sure of what I said, "Technically" means that they should accept it if it's posted on the 5th, the rest is just a personal opinion.