ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP ILR Success Croydon PEO - Tuesday 20 Mar

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ftmsh
Newly Registered

WP ILR Success Croydon PEO - Tuesday 20 Mar

Post by ftmsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 pm

a big THANKYOU to everyone on this forum past and present. it's really been an invaluable resource for me!!!

in all, i was really surprised at how straightforward the process was. i guess it changes from person to person, and maybe i just concentrated on the more harrowing experiences i've read on these boards. And wow the process was really quick. in and out in 2 hours.

DOCUMENTS
* 6 months bank statements (she only really looked at the front page of the most recent month's statement)
* 6 months payslips (she looked briefly at first one, then flicked through a couple of others)
* record of time outside uk (barely looked at it - i was under 180 days so probably not that important)
* life in UK letter (she made a copy of this even though i had a copy)
* original WP visa letter (she used this quite a lot. it wasnt in the required documents list but seemed quite useful to her)
* WP stamp in passport (looked over)
* Letter from Employer Confirming Wages (brief look over this)
* P60s and HMRC P60 Tax summary letter (very brief look.. not really bothered about these)
* passport
* photocopies of everything

AS IT HAPPENED
Appointment was set for 10am, but i arrived at 9, expecting to be asked to wait outside for 30mins (as happened to somebody else on this forum) but was waived right through. security check, then to the first counter where a guy checked my payment details and assigned me my number (10mins). Upstairs to the first floor where i waited about 5mins for a vacant spot at the payments window. Payment took about 15mins as i had some issues verifying the transaction with my bank. The minute i finished at the payments window, my number was called over the loudspeaker so i went to another window on the same floor. Served by a really lovely lady who checked the payment reciepts, and then told me to go upstairs for Biometrics (10mins). Up to second floor and waited maybe 10mins. Went to Biometrics at the end of the room - completed all that in approx 10mins. Longer wait this time of about 30mins before my number was called. Again another really lovely lady, went through all my documents (as per above). She didnt talk much, and only asked one question i can remember - regarding my SOC code but only because she hadnt read my "employer letter" completely, so i didnt really have to answer that anyway. She cracked a joke about half-way through as well! After about 30mins, she said it was successful and that i'd get the Biometric card in 7 days. (30mins).

SUMMARY
to be honest i was quite surprised that this whole process was "just a formality". was expecting a thorough questioning of all my documents etc - especially with regard to SOC code wages, but that wasnt the case. found the staff all really helpful and cheerful.

That's about all that i can think of that was useful. Oh one more thing - if you get into Croydon PEO and you realise you dont have passport photos (hope that doesnt happen to anyone), there's a passport photo machine on the first floor.

good luck to all!

Sup

Post by Sup » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Congratulations... ftmsh..very well done..

What was issue with your SOC code you recon?? Could you please explain bit more? Was it exact match or close one?

Why you submitted 6 months P.S. and Bank Stat.?

Was your case straight forward, you think?

thanks and congrates once again..

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm

hey Sup.
many thanks!
actually yeah i omitted that point - my job was an exact match for one of the published SOC codes. the "issue" was only that i'm on a 40-hour per week contract, so was not 100% sure what to write in section 5 (see here ) so yeah i'd say it was straightforward - e.g. no issues with absences from UK, been on WP with same company whole time etc etc..

i submitted 6months PS and Bank statements cos i'm sure .... ah i found it. i got it from the great sticky faq - (see point "3) (For other than Tier 1 (General) migrants) 3-6 months bank statements and salary slips (the more the better, to be on a safe side) "

though on Note5 on pg37 of set0 says "at least 3 months"

arjun_wp

Post by arjun_wp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 am

Congratulation ftmsh…

Can you please advice me on the joining date of yours employer’s letter which you submitted for ILR?

I am on similar situation as you were, I have been with one company since , June 2006 and I started working for them on student visa (after finishing my Phd. on student visa I immediately got job) and my ILR is due soon.

For the employer letter what dates I should ask them to write, is it June, 2006 date or my visa stamping date?

Will be highly appreciate for your response?

Thanks.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:03 am

Hi Ftmsh

Lots and lots of hestiest congratulations on getting your ILR.

Have you also submitted an absense sheet from UK along with your other docs.

It would be really helpfull for us if you kindly share the matter of your employer letter on the forum that would be the greatest help for us.

Good luck for the future and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience.

ftmsh
Newly Registered

Post by ftmsh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm

HI smam & arjun
sorry for the late reply!!

i submitted a summary sheet of all of my time outside the UK but it was barely looked at. probably because i was well under 180 days.

see here for the template
[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 698a11a97b[/url]

as for the employee letter i copied word for word from this template:
[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 698a11a97b[/url]
except i added a line saying i have been employed from date x to date y on the working holiday visa, then from date y to date z on the WP visa.

it didnt seem like they looked at this bit - they certainly didnt ask me about it. is it worth putting it on there? not really sure.... i just put it on there so that i had the complete story there for them.....

arjun_wp

Post by arjun_wp » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:39 pm

ftmsh wrote:HI smam & arjun
sorry for the late reply!!

i submitted a summary sheet of all of my time outside the UK but it was barely looked at. probably because i was well under 180 days.

see here for the template
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 698a11a97b

as for the employee letter i copied word for word from this template:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 698a11a97b
except i added a line saying i have been employed from date x to date y on the working holiday visa, then from date y to date z on the WP visa.

it didnt seem like they looked at this bit - they certainly didnt ask me about it. is it worth putting it on there? not really sure.... i just put it on there so that i had the complete story there for them.....
Thanks Ftmsh for reply...yes i will follow the standard letter only..

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Ftmsh

Thanks a million for your kind reply it really helped us a lot.