ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk born Baby Extension Or PR Or Citizeship

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kishorboddu
Newly Registered

Uk born Baby Extension Or PR Or Citizeship

Post by kishorboddu » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:45 am

Can someone please suggest me what to do?

I’m on Tier1 General Visa which is due for extension (May 12th). Initially I got 3 years visa, when I apply for extension next month I will get 2 years visa but I’m eligible for PR in November that is because I switched from work permit after one and half year with a company.

I have a baby who was born in UK in August (2011) when I went to India in November (2011) I applied for a visa for her which is also expiring in May.

My doubt is when I’m applying for extension for me and other family members do I need to apply for baby as well?
Or
When I apply for PR in November can I apply for baby at that time?
Or
After getting PR can I apply for Citizenship directly? (Legally If I can do this by skipping above two I will be saving nearly 1000£).

raja1082k1

Re: Uk born Baby Extension Or PR Or Citizeship

Post by raja1082k1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 am

kishorboddu wrote:Can someone please suggest me what to do?

I’m on Tier1 General Visa which is due for extension (May 12th). Initially I got 3 years visa, when I apply for extension next month I will get 2 years visa but I’m eligible for PR in November that is because I switched from work permit after one and half year with a company.

I have a baby who was born in UK in August (2011) when I went to India in November (2011) I applied for a visa for her which is also expiring in May.

My doubt is when I’m applying for extension for me and other family members do I need to apply for baby as well?
Or
When I apply for PR in November can I apply for baby at that time?
Or
After getting PR can I apply for Citizenship directly? (Legally If I can do this by skipping above two I will be saving nearly 1000£).
Well..If you are going to travel to India between your extn and PR then YES, baby should then have extn done before travelling....If you don't go to India untill you get the PR then while you apply British Passport for your baby directly....One of my friend did the same...he has gopt the PR(& for wife) but his UK born son has got the citizenship...

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:23 am

Agreed with raja1082k1.

If you are not travelling you don't need to extend your kid's visa. For british born kid you need visa only for return journey.

Save money and time. Once you get ILR, apply citizenship for your kid directly. You don't need to apply ILR for your kid.

kishorboddu
Newly Registered

Post by kishorboddu » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank you all, I was aware of initial status like baby can stay without visa if she is not leaving the country but my only concern was she had already a visa which is expiring in May, if its legal to stay even though her vis a expired then I will not apply for her while we apply for extension. Thanks again for confirming that.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 pm

It's not legal for her to overstay. However, her overstay will not effect her subsequent entitlement, once you've been granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.