ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muhammadtalhamir
Newly Registered

Bank Statement issue

Post by muhammadtalhamir » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm

hi!

I have started maintaining my bank statement from Jan 13, 2012. However if I apply for PSW by 5th of April my bank statement would be of 84 days only. Although I have got no issues with rest of the documents I have. Please assist me what should i do in this matter? Is it possible if i attach my fathers bank statement with an affidavit as well my personal 84 days bank statement?

mrvemuri

Re: Bank Statement issue

Post by mrvemuri » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 pm

muhammadtalhamir wrote:hi!

I have started maintaining my bank statement from Jan 13, 2012. However if I apply for PSW by 5th of April my bank statement would be of 84 days only. Although I have got no issues with rest of the documents I have. Please assist me what should i do in this matter? Is it possible if i attach my fathers bank statement with an affidavit as well my personal 84 days bank statement?
I guess that should be joint account,
if that case i would recommend you to join you name on your father account ASAP. But wait for the senior members suggestions.

Regards

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:46 pm

my understanding is that the 90 day rule is very strict, have you got any other account under your name that cover you for the rest of the period ? The only way they will accept your father's account is if your name is printed on the statement i.e. Joint Account

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 am

mrvemuri wrote:

if that case i would recommend you to join you name on your father account ASAP. But wait for the senior members suggestions.

Regards

When you join someone elses account, your statements for the joint account will show the date you joined to the main account holder, so you wont be able to do it as it wont be accepted!
hence if you join before 90 days period it doesnt help!

I had the same issue and now my visa is refused with the right to appeal and I am waiting for the date for my appeal to be heard!

Sorry to disappoint you!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:00 am

I am not sure if this is true. I imagine joint statements will just have the names of all account holders and no dates of when the other personw as added to the account, atleast thats the case with majority of the Banks in the UK.
Jackson25 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

Regards

When you join someone elses account, your statements for the joint account will show the date you joined to the main account holder, so you wont be able to do it as it wont be accepted!

I had the same issue and now my visa is refused with the right to appeal and I am waiting for the date for my appeal to be heard!

Sorry to disappoint you!

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 am

Jackson25 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

Regards

Sorry to disappoint you!
I'm not sure about this either. Last time I added someone to my account to be a joint account holder, the statements never showed date of joining (unless if it is an issue of different banks doing things differently). I agree with bobobo

muhammadtalhamir
Newly Registered

Post by muhammadtalhamir » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:04 am

ScopeD wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

Regards

Sorry to disappoint you!
I'm not sure about this either. Last time I added someone to my account to be a joint account holder, the statements never showed date of joining (unless if it is an issue of different banks doing things differently). I agree with bobobo
Dear ALL,
Thanks for your suggestions. Can you guys please tell me that for instance if my visa is refused with the right to appeal. Can I re-submit my 90 days statement when appealing? will they accept my 90 days statement then?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 am

When appealing, no new information can b e submitted, so the appeals court will judge your applciation on the merits of how it was sent to HO. In your case you will not be able to add the 90 day statement as this would be classified as fresh information, hence the appeals court will also reject the application.
There is nothing you can do apart from submitting bank statements in your name as primary/joint account holder covering the 90 day period showing that you have maintained the GBP800 balance
muhammadtalhamir wrote:
ScopeD wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:
mrvemuri wrote:

Regards

Sorry to disappoint you!
Dear ALL,
Thanks for your suggestions. Can you guys please tell me that for instance if my visa is refused with the right to appeal. Can I re-submit my 90 days statement when appealing? will they accept my 90 days statement then?