ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules: ILR AFTER 2 YEARS on HSMP for some ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NationOne

New Rules: ILR AFTER 2 YEARS on HSMP for some ???

Post by NationOne » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:23 pm

1. The command paper presented to the parliament in March 2006 on the Points Based System ( www.official-documents.co.uk/­document/ ... 1/6741.pdf ) mentions about Tier1 on page 24 -
"We are considering the possibility of allowing the most successful to move directly to settlement after 2 years."

2. The Tier1 of the Points Based System will be implemented on December 5, 2006. (Am I utterly wrong in this assumption ? )

3. I have completed 2 years of residency in the UK under HSMP (now replaced by Tier1) and have been extremely successful (economically).

Considering the above, will I be eligible to apply for ILR on December 5, 2006?

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:31 pm

It this is true then it would be prospective and not retropective as it does not favour HO.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:31 pm

The current (clear) trend is to minimise settlement rights for non-EU migrants so I doubt if 2 year ILR would be implemented.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

NationOne

Post by NationOne » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:57 pm

I have asked JCWI (Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants) to take a look at this. Will post when I get a reply from them.

In the meantime, does anyone else have more info?

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR after 4 years under HSMP

Post by MUGHAL » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:01 pm

Hi,
please i have come to know that some of the people got the ILR after only 4 years under HSMP when they challenge the rules that they came under the old rules as that some body will be elligible for ILR after spending 4 yrs. IS IS TRUE .
i was promised by HO that i shall be able to apply for ILR after spending the 4 years under HSMP but now HO has changed the rules,
but here is not my fault that they are breaking promise when i moved to this country .
can any one tell me about the persons who got ILR after 4 years after the HO amendments in rules.
i also want to challenge the rules in court but after getting more information about the concerns.

M6
Newly Registered

Post by M6 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:41 pm

Agreed with Mughal, I am also interested if some one came on older rules and challenged the changes.

aj77

Post by aj77 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:35 am

Mughal wrote:
please i have come to know that some of the people got the ILR after only 4 years under HSMP when they challenge the rules that they came under the old rules as that some body will be elligible for ILR after spending 4 yrs
Well I am also interested to apply for ILR after completion of my 4 years according to old terms and conditions as it was promised very clearly that future changes wont affect us.And then I would challege the decision in the court if it doesn't come in my favour.

It would be very helpful if we could find some guys who got ILR after completion of 4 years even after submitting the application after 3rd April 2006 (when 4-5 year rule was implemented for new applications)

fosho

Post by fosho » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:12 am

has anyone got ILR??
the program stared at 2002 this is four years ago!!

viren68

Post by viren68 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:10 am

I also agree with Mughal. The old promised rules must be applied for all of US

v