ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel without BRP Card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iambest143
Newly Registered

travel without BRP Card

Post by iambest143 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Hello Everyone
I always follow this wonderful forum and i must say people in here are doing wonderful job. Every time my application was so straight and simple as i have never posted any query. But for the first time i am in the situation that nobody could advice/help me.

Me and my wife applied to Tier1 general extension and got approved and biometric card on july 2011.
I have recently applied dependent visa for my newly born son and recieved approval on 12/03/2012 and i am waiting for biometric card.
But i made travel arrangements for my wife and son flying on 24/3/2012. Its been more than 7 working days i havent recieved brp card.
Now my question is can my son travel without biometric card to india and i can post it when i recive it.
I request all senior and junior members please advice me.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: travel without BRP Card

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm

iambest143 wrote:Hello Everyone
I always follow this wonderful forum and i must say people in here are doing wonderful job. Every time my application was so straight and simple as i have never posted any query. But for the first time i am in the situation that nobody could advice/help me.

Me and my wife applied to Tier1 general extension and got approved and biometric card on july 2011.
I have recently applied dependent visa for my newly born son and recieved approval on 12/03/2012 and i am waiting for biometric card.
But i made travel arrangements for my wife and son flying on 24/3/2012. Its been more than 7 working days i havent recieved brp card.
Now my question is can my son travel without biometric card to india and i can post it when i recive it.
I request all senior and junior members please advice me.
Strictly speaking NO, as it is mentioned on the approval letter, but wait for some response from senior members

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:58 pm

I would suggest not to travel without the BRP as they are checked (glanced) when you leave UK

You certainly dont want to lie to the immigration officers that the new born doesnt have a visa yet. To check if they will allow him to travel without a BRP is something for themselves to answer

Call Heathrow immigration on 020 8745 6941 & speak to an officer

Also, call up DX secure first & see if they have anything to be delivered for you, if not then call/email UKBA
Manka

chinkal
Newly Registered

Post by chinkal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi iambest143,

Did you receive your son's biometrics? I am in same boat like you. I received my daughter's passport on 24/03/2012 and thought she will get her biometrics in few days and I booked tickets for India as it was cheap deal. According to plan we are flying on 6th April but we are still waiting for her biometrics. Can you please advice me what you did?

Thanks
Chinkal

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Call DX and check. Generally passport and BRP are delivered within 7 days.
Give me more Karma (+)

chinkal
Newly Registered

Post by chinkal » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:30 pm

I called DX and they said they don't have any detail about delivery to my address. I sent email to biometrics department on Friday asking to deliver biometrics as soon as possible and got acknowledgement today(Which says I will get it in next 3 to 7 working day) so I am hoping i will get it by Thursday.

Is there anything else I can do to receive it quicker?

iambest143
Newly Registered

Post by iambest143 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Sorry. For late reply. I was out of country. I goy my sons.brp card just 1 day before. I was almost about to cancel the ticket. But I think I was lucky this time just got It intime