ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter in 5-7 weeks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jeff-2012
Newly Registered

Biometric letter in 5-7 weeks

Post by Jeff-2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:41 pm

I have observed that candidates receive their biometric invitation letter in 5-7 weeks after submission of application. Just wondering what UKBA do with our application during that time...?

As i think they maybe need a week (max) to check the application validity and then candidates should get biometric letter the week following...

pl comment..

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Nobody knows what they do in that period.
Give me more Karma (+)

manojk005

Re: Biometric letter in 5-7 weeks

Post by manojk005 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Jeff-2012 wrote:I have observed that candidates receive their biometric invitation letter in 5-7 weeks after submission of application. Just wondering what UKBA do with our application during that time...?

As i think they maybe need a week (max) to check the application validity and then candidates should get biometric letter the week following...

pl comment..
Not only this, recently they have started taking a week to deduct payment! Earlier it was almost on the day application pack delivered to them. No one know why it take longer now.

I applied for initial visa just before points was raised to 80, i.e. 19 July 2010 and payment was taken within 6 hours despite rush in applications. However, this time it is almost 3 days and no trace of payment deduction. have to call bank every second day to ensure that payment goes through.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:34 pm

manojk005 wrote:
Jeff-2012 wrote:I have observed that candidates receive their biometric invitation letter in 5-7 weeks after submission of application. Just wondering what UKBA do with our application during that time...?

pl comment..
Not only this, recently they have started taking a week to deduct payment! Earlier it was almost on the day application pack delivered to them. No one know why it take longer now.

I applied for initial visa just before points was raised to 80, i.e. 19 July 2010 and payment was taken within 6 hours despite rush in applications. However, this time it is almost 3 days and no trace of payment deduction. have to call bank every second day to ensure that payment goes through.
If I am not wrong, it used to take about 3 weeks to process the Tier1 postal applications as late as Jan 2011. As you may know in the last 2-3 years, there have been major changes introduced in April, which led to a rush in applications before the rule changes starts. Also, those who applied for initial grant in 2009, it is now time for extension. From April 2010, they started giving out 2 years for initial and 3 for extensions, hence these applicants from April 2010 will be due for extension now, which means those extra applicants from April 2009 and April 2010 will be applying for extensions at the same time now.

On top of all this, UKBA has few PEO centres + 10 or so post offices for Biometric enrolments while the number of categories requiring Biometric has increased significantly. They are currenlty operating a queue system for biometric invitations to avoid overloading the system. (they also have 15 day period in which the applicant must book an appointment). This queue will be shortened once they have the 100 odd post offices for Biometrics in operation. Hopefully, they will then have the PEOs biometrics only for premium applicants while everyone else use post offices. But this is most likely to take another 2-3 months.
Last edited by vignezh on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:35 pm

manojk005 wrote:

pl comment..

True, my payment got deducted after 5 days but still no clue about acknowledgement letter. I dont think they understand the stress we go through during the process. Seem they just like to sit n the applications.....

Jeff-2012
Newly Registered

Post by Jeff-2012 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

harpreetjagdey wrote:
manojk005 wrote:

pl comment..

True, my payment got deducted after 5 days but still no clue about acknowledgement letter. I dont think they understand the stress we go through during the process. Seem they just like to sit n the applications.....
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR COMMENTS !