ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitingcitizen

Re: Citizenship Timeline

Post by waitingcitizen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Dont worry about it. Its just another ref. no. for your file. Inis still prefer to go with your old no. as the old no. gives all details on their system in one go, it neither helps in anyway in fast approval of your application.

IQU
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship Timeline

Post by IQU » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm

[quote="samchoopra"]hi please some somebody help me to explain what is this a new reference number? when i submit my application year ago i have an ref number so why this new ref is being given to applicants.and why its so important to get it when i rang to citizenship division they did not asked me and inform me about any new ref no and also i gave them my old ref no to inquire about my application status. could any 1 pls help me .thanks for this
[quote="chrome"]hi

I got LTR in December 11, sent copy of that to citizenship section and got acknowledgement & new app number. (Both were applied in Apr 11)

Also any estimate by when my app could get approved

it just new ref number.they introduced this in last year.there is more details www.inis.gov.ie they just want to connect two system together.it much better to speed up the processing system. good luck

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Hopefully its a better system for fast approvals but you never know whether it actually is in place for fast track approvals, so can't be affirmative whether it actually assist in fast approvals.

IQU, I hope You get your approval fast & hope you get the point which all others have been making on this forum.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:14 pm

[quote="waitingcitizen"]Hopefully its a better system for fast approvals but you never know whether it actually is in place for fast track approvals, so can't be affirmative whether it actually assist in fast approvals.

IQU, I hope You get your approval fast & hope you get the point which all others have been making on this forum. I think you should check yourself in the website www.inis.gov.ie immigration ,new ref number read all the colum.i hope you will get my point.i wish you all same luck your wishing me :roll: :shock:

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:17 am

IQU wrote:
waitingcitizen wrote:Hopefully its a better system for fast approvals but you never know whether it actually is in place for fast track approvals, so can't be affirmative whether it actually assist in fast approvals.

IQU, I hope You get your approval fast & hope you get the point which all others have been making on this forum. I think you should check yourself in the website www.inis.gov.ie immigration ,new ref number read all the colum.i hope you will get my point.i wish you all same luck your wishing me :roll: :shock:
www.inis.gov.ie

The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Sunday, 01 April 2012.
Some 4000 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 am

jonny321 wrote:
IQU wrote:
waitingcitizen wrote:Hopefully its a better system for fast approvals but you never know whether it actually is in place for fast track approvals, so can't be affirmative whether it actually assist in fast approvals.

www.inis.gov.ie

The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Sunday, 01 April 2012.
Some 4000 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.
I think this is the largest ceremony to date 4k is very good number and indicates positive for the future. More than 6k in 2 ceremonies in this year Great job by Allan Shatter. Hope he clears all the back log (not complicated applications) by next 3 months. Hope next ceremony is much bigger than this one :)

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 am

Hopefully in next Ceremony we all gonna be there taking Oath :)

www.inis.gov.ie

Some 4000 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.[/quote]

I think this is the largest ceremony to date 4k is very good number and indicates positive for the future. More than 6k in 2 ceremonies in this year Great job by Allan Shatter. Hope he clears all the back log (not complicated applications) by next 3 months. Hope next ceremony is much bigger than this one :)[/quote]

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 pm

4000 people wohh.but my mates got their invitation for ceremony.its written there 1000 people going to take oath on 1 april.but if its 4000 people great news.good work minister,is anyone else got his/her approval this weeks ???

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

IQU wrote:4000 people wohh.but my mates got their invitation for ceremony.its written there 1000 people going to take oath on 1 april.but if its 4000 people great news.good work minister,is anyone else got his/her approval this weeks ???

IQU --> Please check with your mate when the ceremony is over as to the number of people who came to the ceremony .. i remember 1000 only .. and i guess there might be a typo in the website ..

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

he have to attend one in the morning at 9:30 convent centre.i hope 4000 people attend.than we can expect this ceremony is big one.

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:03 pm

IQU wrote:he have to attend one in the morning at 9:30 convent centre.i hope 4000 people attend.than we can expect this ceremony is big one.

mine is 11.00am goodluck everyone waiting

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:52 pm

All my friends from 09 and before don''t loose hope, received mine today.was given a new reference number 2 weeks ago after they asked for further documents.

Applied in Sept 09 after 9 yrs working here on work permits and later on stamp 5 (without condition). I think for some reason someone was sitting on my papers for no reason.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 pm

4000 congrats,so you recieve your approval today.what type of documents did they asked you last time.what type of wording on the letter.can please share with us

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 pm

IQU wrote:4000 congrats,so you recieve your approval today.what type of documents did they asked you last time.what type of wording on the letter.can please share with us
IQU, yes received approval today.3 wks ago they asked for proof of employment in the last 3 yrs.

ihk
Newly Registered

Post by ihk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:01 pm

jonny321 wrote:Hopefully in next Ceremony we all gonna be there taking Oath :)

www.inis.gov.ie

I think this is the largest ceremony to date 4k is very good number and indicates positive for the future. More than 6k in 2 ceremonies in this year Great job by Allan Shatter. Hope he clears all the back log (not complicated applications) by next 3 months. Hope next ceremony is much bigger than this one :)[/quote][/quote]

@ jonny321
what is a `` complicated application``?
I am a medical professional, working for lost 08 years, paying taxes ( more than an average irish citizen pay, never been on social welfare benefits, not a single offence even traffic, being garda vetted every 6-12 months due to the nature of my job, so what is ``complicated ``about my case? , somene sitting on the top of my application,there are thousands more like me.
Applied in August 2009, they are still in the process of deteremining whether i meet the statutory requirements or not.
Please dont quote Alan shatter words ``standard/non standard`` ``simple/complicated``, in the past it was at least a chronological order, now its pick and choose, any case is ``complicated``which they dont` want to decide for reasons known only to DOJ.
Please dont forget about those who are waiting for years and years and will continue to wait even once the waiting times come to six months,( for reasons known to DOJ only)
regards,
ihk

jonny321

Post by jonny321 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I think send them reminder and ask for update, send them letter and email them and hopefully you will get update and your citizenship sooner then latter.... i know where you coming from bro just send them reminders
@ jonny321
I am a medical professional, working for lost 08 years, paying taxes ( more than an average irish citizen pay, never been on social welfare benefits, not a single offence even traffic, being garda vetted every 6-12 months due to the nature of my job, so what is ``complicated ``about my case? , somene sitting on the top of my application,there are thousands more like me.
Applied in August 2009, they are still in the process of deteremining whether i meet the statutory requirements or not.
Please dont quote Alan shatter words ``standard/non standard`` ``simple/complicated``, in the past it was at least a chronological order, now its pick and choose, any case is ``complicated``which they dont` want to decide for reasons known only to DOJ.
Please dont forget about those who are waiting for years and years and will continue to wait even once the waiting times come to six months,( for reasons known to DOJ only)
regards,
ihk[/quote]

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:27 pm

i am living in ireland almost 11 years.i am working full time.i never claimed socail welfare.i always have my stamp update with them.no criminal offence etc etc. but still i am waiting people come after me got their citizenship in ireland because marry with irish citizen.i dont think its fair.they should deal with all the applicant fairly.but anyway minister is doing good job

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:05 am

IQU wrote:i am living in ireland almost 11 years.i am working full time.i never claimed socail welfare.i always have my stamp update with them.no criminal offence etc etc. but still i am waiting people come after me got their citizenship in ireland because marry with irish citizen.i dont think its fair.they should deal with all the applicant fairly.but anyway minister is doing good job
Keep fingers crossed

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:23 am

4000 wrote:
IQU wrote:i am living in ireland almost 11 years.i am working full time.i never claimed socail welfare.i always have my stamp update with them.no criminal offence etc etc. but still i am waiting people come after me got their citizenship in ireland because marry with irish citizen.i dont think its fair.they should deal with all the applicant fairly.but anyway minister is doing good job
Keep fingers crossed
goodnews guys my friend got approval this moring he is very happy arfter waiting for many years....goodluck guys many will get leter this week and next GOODLUCK ALL WAITING

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 am

KODO wrote:
4000 wrote:
Keep fingers crossed
goodnews guys my friend got approval this moring he is very happy arfter waiting for many years....goodluck guys many will get leter this week and next GOODLUCK ALL WAITING
What are the timelines of your friend?

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Hey Guys,

I applied in June 09 and got my approval letter today, it's been a long wait... I was poised to call them yet again tomorrow.

My advice to some who have been waiting is this, I found that when I started calling them often there was actually movement on my file on one occasion I didn't take the answer given by 'Mary' and asked more questions until she got her supervisor to call me back later who then mentioned that she'd be sending a letter out to get more documents from me. This came the next day.

I wish I'd known ages ago that sometimes those who shout loudest are heard, this may have been processed earlier. Sad but true.

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 pm

caramel01 wrote:Hey Guys,

I applied in June 09 and got my approval letter today, it's been a long wait... I was poised to call them yet again tomorrow.

My advice to some who have been waiting is this, I found that when I started calling them often there was actually movement on my file on one occasion I didn't take the answer given by 'Mary' and asked more questions until she got her supervisor to call me back later who then mentioned that she'd be sending a letter out to get more documents from me. This came the next day.

I wish I'd known ages ago that sometimes those who shout loudest are heard, this may have been processed earlier. Sad but true.
caramel,
did they mentioned any ceremony date in the letter?
kaybedab

Newly Registered

Post by 4000 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:31 pm

caramel01 wrote:Hey Guys,

Concrats to you, next is IQU. We and a few others from back then waited too long because of unexplained errors by this department, I think they owe us an apology rather than us thanking them.

viking

Post by viking » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:34 pm

ihk wrote:
jonny321 wrote:Hopefully in next Ceremony we all gonna be there taking Oath :)

www.inis.gov.ie

I think this is the largest ceremony to date 4k is very good number and indicates positive for the future. More than 6k in 2 ceremonies in this year Great job by Allan Shatter. Hope he clears all the back log (not complicated applications) by next 3 months. Hope next ceremony is much bigger than this one :)
@ jonny321
regards,
ihk[/quote]

viking

Post by viking » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Wow 4000 applicants! that is massive, isn't it !!!, if this is real then Mr.Allan Shatter being very clever to generate Millions of Euros for the Dept.swiftly on the basis of Naturalisation.

All good - Wishing all the best to the members of this forum who are awaiting for the next Ceremony date confirmation.

Cheers guys...