ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Income for Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dylan

Overseas Income for Tier 1 Extension

Post by dylan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:19 pm

I have a question regarding overseas income while I am living and working in the UK. If I have my income transferred in to my account which is based overseas, would that be a problem towards to tax calculations and showing income evidence for tier 1 extension (because of exchange rate variation)?

Only reason I am asking this is because if I get overseas income transferred straight in to my UK bank account that will cost me a big amount of transaction fees. Also the amounts are small and I will not make a reasonable profit out of it.

So I am thinking either to
1) Direct transactions in to my overseas account and transfer the total at the end of every month to UK account
2) Or to leave money in my overseas account and pay tax accordingly using spot exchange rates.

Please help me to solve this situation. :wink:

dylan

Post by dylan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Could anyone please reply? :roll: