ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What will be the home office reference number ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nadendla
Newly Registered

What will be the home office reference number ?

Post by nadendla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding the home office reference number. I know this question was many times but i found the answers are very old/confusing.

I am going for my tier1 General extension this week.

So just want to clarify once again and it will help the new comers.

1. Will it be the "Our ref" mentioned on the Tier1 general initial application form ??

2. Or will it be the number mentioned on the visa stamp in passport page ( top right corner ..starts with UKxxxxxxxxx)

3. The point based reference number is present on my Tier1 general acknowledgement letter. The format is like this PBnnnnnnnnnX/001 ( n being positive integer). I cant enter this full reference number as the number of slots given in the application is very less.
Should I enter full reference number or trim it ?

Please suggest.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
subba.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:26 pm

leave it blank, its optional
Manka

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 pm

Anything that is optional, leave it blank. Do not go overboard and end up getting it wrong.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: What will be the home office reference number ?

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 pm

nadendla wrote:Hi,

I have a query regarding the home office reference number. I know this question was many times but i found the answers are very old/confusing.

1. Will it be the "Our ref" mentioned on the Tier1 general initial application form ??

2. Or will it be the number mentioned on the visa stamp in passport page ( top right corner ..starts with UKxxxxxxxxx)

3. The point based reference number is present on my Tier1 general acknowledgement letter. The format is like this PBnnnnnnnnnX/001 ( n being positive integer). I cant enter this full reference number as the number of slots given in the application is very less.

Please suggest.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
subba.
enter the ref on the letter if you have it - either squeeze number into the squares provided or leave out the 001 at the end

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I am leaving it blank for now.

I will check with the reviewer tomorrow and let every know the suggestions.

wish me good luck for tomorrow's appointment.

regards
subba

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: What will be the home office reference number ?

Post by razian97 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:56 pm

nadendla wrote:Hi,

Please suggest.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
subba.
it shall be the OUR REFERENCE starting A
my reference number on biometric enrolment letter is the same as it was on Tier1 general initial application final successful decision letter which was sent with the passport.

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Thanks for your reply razian97.

my Tier1 general approval letter says our ref and it contains all numbers only. there are no alphabets available.

What do you say ?

Thanks
Subba.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:10 pm

nadendla wrote:Thanks for your reply razian97.

my Tier1 general approval letter says our ref and it contains all numbers only. there are no alphabets available.

What do you say ?

Thanks
Subba.
if that's the only ref you have (it sounds like it might be a case ID number) then just use that one - it's not wrong to put the number - it just makes it easier for them to view your records.

nadendla
Newly Registered

Post by nadendla » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Greenie wrote:
nadendla wrote:Thanks for your reply razian97.

What do you say ?

Thanks
Subba.
if that's the only ref you have (it sounds like it might be a case ID number) then just use that one - it's not wrong to put the number - it just makes it easier for them to view your records.
Thanks for the suggestion. helpful.

dylan

Post by dylan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 pm

It is the reference number on the letter they sent with your passport. I checked this for my last application. And as Greenie mentioned, it makes it easy for them to pull your records. :wink: