ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long it takes to pass the IELTS test?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashwin2005

How long it takes to pass the IELTS test?

Post by Ashwin2005 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:55 pm

Any idea on how long one needs to prepare for the IELTS exam?

I have done my degree, PG all in English. But my degree certificate did not specify the medium of instruction. I can go and request the University to issue a letter, but this may take many weeks to get the response.

I was wondering why not book a slot and pass this exam. Is this so tough?

With all these qualifications, and years of overseas experience, can we not pass this test quickly?

At many centres, slots are available in December.

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:35 am

Hi Ashwin,

IELTS is not all that tough...Probably 7 - 10 days of moderate prepration would get you through....I presume you are from India and therefore, would not have too much of a problem with the level of English required.....I gave my IELTS on 30th Nov and hopefully should be able to get the required band score. Will let you know once I get my results on the 14th :wink:

Let me know if you need any prepration material...I might be able to pass it onto you if you haven't alredy obtained it.

Regards.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:52 am

IELTS is not all that tough
Well in a sense that is right, if only because there is no pass or fail ... "just" a grade. But surely getting a sufficient grade, well how easy or hard that is will surely depend upon the person sitting the test.

Some centres, such as Aston University here in Birmingham offer a one-week course on the Monday to Friday before the actual IELTS test on the Saturday. From that webpage you will see that a course starts today, which must mean there is a test on this coming Saturday morning. And yes it is possible to sit the test there without first doing the week-long course.
John