ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extention after claiming benefits

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruvi
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extention after claiming benefits

Post by ruvi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:16 pm

Hello I want to find out if anyone has been successful with an extention after claiming benefits, my husband is British, and we have 2 children British again.

I went for biometrics on the 27th of february , and haven't heard anything since then. My husband claimed tax credits and was awarded and i got working tax. I am just worried UKBA, could decline my visa. The website says there are exceptions to tax, also hmrc say for tax purposes the status is over ridden so i don't understand the delay.

I need to look for a job my contract ends in April and hubby is not working so getting a bit anxious.

ruvi
Newly Registered

Post by ruvi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am

Senior memebers your views would be apprecaited

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 extention after claiming benefits

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:33 pm

ruvi wrote:Hello I want to find out if anyone has been successful with an extention after claiming benefits, my husband is British, and we have 2 children British again.

I went for biometrics on the 27th of february , and haven't heard anything since then. My husband claimed tax credits and was awarded and i got working tax. I am just worried UKBA, could decline my visa. The website says there are exceptions to tax, also hmrc say for tax purposes the status is over ridden so i don't understand the delay.

I need to look for a job my contract ends in April and hubby is not working so getting a bit anxious.
you are permitted to claim tax credits as a couple because your husband is British. Don't worry.

ruvi
Newly Registered

Post by ruvi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Greenie, its the waiting thats getting to me.