ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 am

My application sent- 22/02/2012
payment went through on 24/02/2012
acknowledgement from sheffield - 02/03/2012

woolies

Post by woolies » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 am

Alhamdolillah, i woke up with a great news, after long time waiting i got my ilr finally, so my timeline ends here, and i am so stress relieved, so guys here is my timeline: :D

Application sent: 07/12/2011
Fee Taken: 12/12/2011
Acknowledgement letter received: 13/12/2011 dated: 09/12/2011
ILR stamp date: 06/03/2012 (liverpool)
Passport received: 20/03/2012

I like to thank to this forum for the support and everyone else who gave me strength in this time of need, and for those who waiting please don't lose hope inshAllah your time will come. I wish very best of luck to all of you.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Re: 10 year long residence

Post by nomibhai » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:26 am

Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:Hi, i applied on basis of 10 yrs long residence back in sep 2011 and still havnt received any response except acknowledgement letter. It's been just over 24 weeks. Can someone please tell that if it can take this long? I have been student for 7, 2 on PSW and now on Tier 2.
Was your case was stright ? no gap or late visa extension? or more holidays etc?
I really dont know what ppl define "straight" as. I didnt have gaps or late visa extensions(all within legal time,however 2 appeals due to not sending funds evidence but all accepted and visas renewed).i'm well below the holidays limit too.
You should phone to UKBA as already completed six month,please let us know with outcome.
I have been trying to call them but no one answering the call however they do have an option for applications over 6 months?. This is sounding very frustrating that you cant even get an update!!!

Rajapk2012
Newly Registered

Post by Rajapk2012 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 am

nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
Was your case was stright ? no gap or late visa extension? or more holidays etc?
I really dont know what ppl define "straight" as. I didnt have gaps or late visa extensions(all within legal time,however 2 appeals due to not sending funds evidence but all accepted and visas renewed).i'm well below the holidays limit too.
You should phone to UKBA as already completed six month,please let us know with outcome.
I have been trying to call them but no one answering the call however they do have an option for applications over 6 months?. This is sounding very frustrating that you cant even get an update!!!
Yes i know that you have to keep trying , another of my friend have same problem but he tried and one day get connected, but UKBA replied his case is under process,Now he requested MP to write to them

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

CONGRATES EVEM & WOOLIES.PLZ PRAY FOR ALL OF US THAT WE ALL GET OUR ILR SOON.THANX

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 am

Congrats to Evem and Woolis... Freedom well earned

Now its Zainy and brofash's turn.

Very hard to wait for freedom.

Waiting and in my 7th Week now.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

brofash
Newly Registered

congrats

Post by brofash » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:55 am

woolies wrote:Alhamdolillah, i woke up with a great news, after long time waiting i got my ilr finally, so my timeline ends here, and i am so stress relieved, so guys here is my timeline: :D

I like to thank to this forum for the support and everyone else who gave me strength in this time of need, and for those who waiting please don't lose hope inshAllah your time will come. I wish very best of luck to all of you.

congrats mate

brofash
Newly Registered

Post by brofash » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 am

hemalay wrote:Congrats to Evem and Woolis... Freedom well earned

Waiting and in my 7th Week now.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
just 8 weeks done hemalay , , looks like atleast 3 to 4 weeks more ,,,, frustrating :oops:

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I have received my acknowledgment from Sheffield, does it make any difference as I always got my passport back from Sheffield office in 2 to 3 weeks

uddinriaz

Post by uddinriaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:17 pm

woolies wrote:Alhamdolillah, i woke up with a great news, after long time waiting i got my ilr finally, so my timeline ends here, and i am so stress relieved, so guys here is my timeline: :D

congratulations

shola
Newly Registered

Post by shola » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:21 am

Hey mate!!!

What about me?

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 am

A lot of prayers for you Shola.
I thought you already had your brown envelope.
You are almost there.............Keep faith...............Good luck
shola wrote:

Hey mate!!!

What about me?
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

GBEMI
- thin ice -

STILL WAITING

Post by GBEMI » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:03 pm

10 YEARS
SENT 23/2/2012
LETTER RECEIVE 27/2/2012
PAYMENT TAKEN 28/2/2012
SHEFFIELD
TWO YEARS STUDENT AND 8 YEAR DEPENDENT. STILL WAITING.

Zainy

Re: STILL WAITING

Post by Zainy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:31 pm

i got my SAR report and i will send it to ukba today.My case is i already applied for ILR 8 weeks passed but my first passport was lost and on that passport i had my details from my first entry feb 2002 to feb 2005.now in SAR report is mentioned that my college attendance was 88% till march 2004.then from mar 2004 to june 2005 my attendance was also good.they have no deatails of my entry and exit between jan 2005 to feb 2005.In SAR report i also have letters from ukba in 2004 and 2005.What you think is it enough to prove that i was in uk most of the time between 2002 to 2005.Is anyone give me some guidence on this issue plz

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:46 pm

Zainy wrote:i got my SAR report and i will send it to ukba today.My case is i already applied for ILR 8 weeks passed but my first passport was lost and on that passport i had my details from my first entry feb 2002 to feb 2005.now in SAR report is mentioned that my college attendance was 88% till march 2004.then from mar 2004 to june 2005 my attendance was also good.they have no deatails of my entry and exit between jan 2005 to feb 2005.In SAR report i also have letters from ukba in 2004 and 2005.What you think is it enough to prove that i was in uk most of the time between 2002 to 2005.Is anyone give me some guidence on this issue plz

Dear zainy

I understand your situation, don't be panic, did you go through with your SAR file throughly , I mean page by page . It's include your first landing card details which is cover when you first enter this country .

Second things when you extension your leave to remain , it's stated case worker file in a footnote about your progress . Third things you can find out in SAR file , all of your application rise date and how they grant your leave to remain and how long it's for .

Third things if they want to more details about the time line 2002 to 2005 , then they go for landing card warehouse to find it out , how many days your were out of the country .

Again be patient , inshallah you will be heard good news very soon .

Miyazi

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm

miyazi78 wrote:
Zainy wrote:i got my SAR report and i will send it to ukba today.My case is i already applied for ILR 8 weeks passed but my first passport was lost and on that passport i had my details from my first entry feb 2002 to feb 2005.now in SAR report is mentioned that my college attendance was 88% till march 2004.then from mar 2004 to june 2005 my attendance was also good.they have no deatails of my entry and exit between jan 2005 to feb 2005.In SAR report i also have letters from ukba in 2004 and 2005.What you think is it enough to prove that i was in uk most of the time between 2002 to 2005.Is anyone give me some guidence on this issue plz

Dear zainy

I understand your situation, don't be panic, did you go through with your SAR file throughly , I mean page by page . It's include your first landing card details which is cover when you first enter this country .

Second things when you extension your leave to remain , it's stated case worker file in a footnote about your progress . Third things you can find out in SAR file , all of your application rise date and how they grant your leave to remain and how long it's for .

Third things if they want to more details about the time line 2002 to 2005 , then they go for landing card warehouse to find it out , how many days your were out of the country .

Miyazi
I checked my SAR report my all applications were made well before my visa expired and it also show the application and endorsement on my new passport which i applied on 2nd march 2005 in person and there is also mentioned that they seen my lost passport police report as well.Second it also include my first landing card.Third its also include my travel movement but there is no record of my first travelling from uk which was fron jan 2005 to feb 2005 In which i was out of country for 4 weeks only.In whole 10 yerars i was out of country for 15 weeks.I also send them my first visa copy with my first entry stamp on it when i applied for ILR 8 weeks ago.

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Zainy wrote:
miyazi78 wrote:

Dear zainy

Miyazi
I checked my SAR report my all applications were made well before my visa expired and it also show the application and endorsement on my new passport which i applied on 2nd march 2005 in person and there is also mentioned that they seen my lost passport police report as well.Second it also include my first landing card.Third its also include my travel movement but there is no record of my first travelling from uk which was fron jan 2005 to feb 2005 In which i was out of country for 4 weeks only.In whole 10 yerars i was out of country for 15 weeks.I also send them my first visa copy with my first entry stamp on it when i applied for ILR 8 weeks ago.

Thanks for your quick replay .

Because of your applied leave to remain rather than entry clearencce . That's why they didn't store any landing card details for your travel in period of feb 2005 to march 2005 .
They only held the landing card for entry clearence . Rest of the landing card stored in theirs warehouse .

I am writing this matter on my personal experience . Because I have two entry clearence once in 2002 as a student and another one is 2010 as tier2 migrant . Ukba only store my two landing card details while I was out of the country more than 12 times .

Think be positive , inshallah you will get ur ilr soon .
Miyazi

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 pm

miyazi78 wrote:
Zainy wrote:
miyazi78 wrote:

Dear zainy

Miyazi

Thanks for your quick replay .

Because of your applied leave to remain rather than entry clearencce . That's why they didn't store any landing card details for your travel in period of feb 2005 to march 2005 .
They only held the landing card for entry clearence . Rest of the landing card stored in theirs warehouse .

I am writing this matter on my personal experience . Because I have two entry clearence once in 2002 as a student and another one is 2010 as tier2 migrant . Ukba only store my two landing card details while I was out of the country more than 12 times .

Miyazi
i was out of country only 3 time total 15 weeks in 10 years

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Yes i know that you have to keep trying , another of my friend have same problem but he tried and one day get connected, but UKBA replied his case is under process,Now he requested MP to write to them
HO replied to my legal advisor after contacting "case is still pending and advised to wait". Does it mean its in progress or not assigned to a caseworker? if still not assigned, i will be surprised if i receive in next couple of weeks...

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:53 pm

nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
nomibhai wrote:
Rajapk2012 wrote:
HO replied to my legal advisor after contacting "case is still pending and advised to wait". Does it mean its in progress or not assigned to a caseworker? if still not assigned, i will be surprised if i receive in next couple of weeks...
Good luck bro

zeeshop
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshop » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Miyazi
When we make request for SAR and request for all information to be released to us which UKBA holding about us, why they only send one landing card, if they holding other after first landing they should release them as well.
I was as Student for 8 years as well and then Tier 2 migrant but in my SAR discloure only first landing card given not even after my entry as Tier 2 arrival. Not sure if they really hold all landing cards.

what you say..
regards.

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:56 pm

zeeshop wrote:

Miyazi
When we make request for SAR and request for all information to be released to us which UKBA holding about us, why they only send one landing card, if they holding other after first landing they should release them as well.
I was as Student for 8 years as well and then Tier 2 migrant but in my SAR discloure only first landing card given not even after my entry as Tier 2 arrival. Not sure if they really hold all landing cards.

what you say..
regards.
I think you are mislead with my information .
Q 1 . Where did you get your tier 2 . Basically it was in country or out country application .

If you get your tier 2 from out of uk and entry with entry clearence , then ukba must retain ur landing card and disclose witty your SAR file .

Thanks
Miyazi

zeeshop
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshop » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Q 1 . Where did you get your tier 2 . Basically it was in country or out country application .

If you get your tier 2 from out of uk and entry with entry clearence , then ukba must retain ur landing card and disclose witty your SAR file .

Thanks
Miyazi
Mine was in country application. but this is not what I am trying to say.
My point is, when we request all information to be disclosed by UKBA, for what reason they cant release all landing cards but why only one or two?

in 10 years frequent visitors cant remember all entries and exits from UK, specially within Europe when some time no one stamp passport.
How one can fill form with UK entry/ exits in this case, and if SAR file does'nt htlp, this can make matter bit complicated as well.

Regards

miyazi78

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:29 pm

zeeshop wrote:

Thanks
Miyazi
Mine was in country application. but this is not what I am trying to say.
My point is, when we request all information to be disclosed by UKBA, for what reason they cant release all landing cards but why only one or two?

in 10 years frequent visitors cant remember all entries and exits from UK, specially within Europe when some time no one stamp passport.
How one can fill form with UK entry/ exits in this case, and if SAR file does'nt htlp, this can make matter bit complicated as well.

Regards
This is ukba policy , only they store entry clearence landing card .
Rest of the card store their archive .
Miyazi

zeeshop
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshop » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 pm

This is ukba policy , only they store entry clearence landing card .
Rest of the card store their archive .
Miyazi
What is reference of this UKBA policy, Can you please give me a web link/ reference.

Only reference I found yet is
this link and nothing explain about limits of landing cards in here..

Thanks