ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Total time in Tier1 plus Tier2 general is 4 yrs 9 mth 9 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tima
Newly Registered

Total time in Tier1 plus Tier2 general is 4 yrs 9 mth 9 days

Post by tima » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:44 am

Hello,
If I aggregate my total stay period in Tier1 G and switched to Tier2 general it comes out to be 4 yrs 9 months and 9 days. Will I be eligible to apply for ILR (stay in UK for 5 years lawfully)?. Since according to new rule of "cooling off" period of 12 months will apply for Tier2 General. Will I be able to make a sucessfull application?

Thanks in advance

parasiteslost

Re: Total time in Tier1 plus Tier2 general is 4 yrs 9 mth 9

Post by parasiteslost » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:33 pm

tima wrote:Hello,
If I aggregate my total stay period in Tier1 G and switched to Tier2 general it comes out to be 4 yrs 9 months and 9 days. Will I be eligible to apply for ILR (stay in UK for 5 years lawfully)?. Since according to new rule of "cooling off" period of 12 months will apply for Tier2 General. Will I be able to make a sucessfull application?

Thanks in advance
You will need to renew your Tier 2 and be eligible for ILR when your total stay is 4 years and 11 months