ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Status at the time of ILR application process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suresh.k.dasari

Job Status at the time of ILR application process

Post by suresh.k.dasari » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am

Hi All

I have initially got HSMP for 2 years and later when I renewed for another 3 years, I got Tier1(General).

I work as a contractor in IT, have a limited company registered. I have my permanent residency (ILR) due in September this year.

As per the rules, I suppose I have to show the following documents for ILR :

1. last 1 year payslips showing salary of £27,500 (this is the amount which I have showed at the time of renewal. Hence have to show the same salary now for ILR),
2. P60 for last 5 years
3. Bank statements.

Due to my work nature i work ON and OFF, means I do not work in continuous employment.

Can anyone please let me know if I have to be working or in employment at the time when I file my ILR or if I satisfy the above 3 points will that be enough.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:26 am

There are no points for continuous employment. There are only points for income. You need to score points to meet the requirements.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 am

Hi

I believe that you should be fine with your ILR just try to get in to a contract by Sep 2012 near your ILR time it would definitely a plus normally CW dont ask that ques if you're still in work or not as you're an HSMP visa holder. As long as you're fullfilling the requirements but dont forget that you have to show them the latest 12 months statements out of 15 months and your last statements hasn't has to be more than a month old at the time of applying for your ILR so its just not the case that you can get away with having last 12 months bank statements for eg from Jul 2011 to Jul 2012 on that basis I am affraid to the best of my knowledge you wont be able to apply for your ILR.

I am just sharing my knowledge do also consult the senior members or the moderators of this forum they'll give you a better insight about your case.

Good luck for your ILR.

suresh.k.dasari

Thank You

Post by suresh.k.dasari » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am

Thank you for all of those who replied for my query. Thats a very quick and effective response and is highly appreciated.