ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sekhar
Newly Registered

Documents for Cohabitation

Post by sekhar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi,

I have a query on documentation required for cohabitation.

I have applied for ILR ( 6 years on WP + TIRE2 + SAME EMPLOYER) using SET(O) + POSTAL. Entered UK in Feb 2006, last granted leave was on Feb 2011 as TIER2 Intra Company Transfer.

I have read following sentence from SET(O) as requiring to submit cohabitation documents from Feb 2011 (last granted leave) to till date covering a period of 13 months. Is my understanding correct? or should I have submitted 2 years period irrespective of last granted leave date? Appreciate your help.

"If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse."

sekhar
Newly Registered

Pls could someone help with my query?

Post by sekhar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Appreciate if someone could help with my query.

Regards
Sekhar

sekhar
Newly Registered

Query for the experts in the forum !!!

Post by sekhar » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

appreciate if someone could clarify my query.

Venk_it

Re: Query for the experts in the forum !!!

Post by Venk_it » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 am

Sekhar,

The request clearly states that it is only from the last grant of extension only with a maximum of 2 years. I think you should be fine. BTW thanks for asking this as it clarified my doubt too. I am attending next thursday and will ask the question to them directly

sekhar
Newly Registered

Post by sekhar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks Venkat.

I had slight concern only after reading some of the posts in this forum which seem to suggest we need to provide proof of 2 years cohabitation. However as you say the text in SET(O) suggests "from last leave grant & upto a maximum of 2 years."

All the best for your interview ... wish you come out with ILR approval :-)

Will be looking forward for your update / experience.

Regards
Sekhar